Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Collapse Details
    I was looking at some F23 on Ebay - what are some minimum configuration ? EV? V-mount battery ?
    seems like folks are selling just the barebone body ?

2. Collapse Details
    Hi guys, recently picked up an F23 to give the '35 some company. So far so good with it, but am running into one small issue/question. This may not be F23 specific but haven't encountered previously so posting in this thread.

I'd like to use the camera's 12volt DC out. I'd like to power from an IF on the back. I'm not finding that these two things work together:

When I have power connected to the head's DC IN, I get 12volt out.
    When I'm powering via the IF box on the back port, I get nothing from the 12v out.

Oddly if I have BOTH power sources connected to the camera (IF box on back and DC in), and switch the power on via "CA", I 'do' get 12v DC out. I thought the CA switch strictly pulled power from the IF on the back, but it seems the DC out doesn't look at this toggle - it simply pulls power from the head's DC IN, if available.

Is this all to be expected, or is there some combo I'm missing that activates the DC outs while powering via IF?

3. Collapse Details
    12v output on the camera can only come through the camera body's 8-pin lemo input. The XLR power input on the IF box won't pass power through, so you need to modify your v-lock plate to send power directly to the camera body.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    12v output on the camera can only come through the camera body's 8-pin lemo input. The XLR power input on the IF box won't pass power through, so you need to modify your v-lock plate to send power directly to the camera body.
    That's what I needed to know, thanks man.

5. Collapse Details
    The 8-pin Lemo is the way to go. It frees you from a lot of hassle.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415