1. Collapse Details
    HMC80P cutting off audio at end of clip
    I'm shooting corporate training stuff with a newly-acquired HMC80P, which means sitting on a tripod and shooting long, often 1-2 hrs. at a time.

Of course, the footage is split into 3.99GB clips on the memory card due to limitations of the FAT32 filesystem. That's no problem. However, at the end of each clip, the audio cuts off for the last 18 frames. So when I put it all together in Premiere, there is a very noticeable pause in the audio where one clip ends and the next starts.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it fixable, or just something I'll have to deal with?

It's in 720p/30 mode, AVC/AC-3 formats. SDHC 32GB class 10 card. On-camera mic.

2. Collapse Details
    It is almost certainly due to not importing the files properly; you can't just drag the files to the timeline. You have to import the files through the Media Browser; that will bring them in using all the AVCHD metadata and will give you one big seamless clip with no audio dropouts.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry for the reply. I imported the files via Media Browser and still encounter the same issue, so I checked the original files on the memory card. Even the original footage on the memory card has audio dropoff at the ends of the clips. I noticed that a previous shoot did not have this issue, so I will need to examine what I did differently this time.