1. Collapse Details
    CD-rom/Scene Files
    So I know I'm way late to this party, I see the dating on some of these posts from years ago, anywayz I bought the HVX200 recently, and after doing some research learned about the hvx book, and was most excited about the scene files on the dvd. So I bought the book, and lo and behold, unsurprisingly, there was no dvd or cd-rom in the book. So I've been searching around websites checking out different resources with the camera, and found a webpage that had the files. So I downloaded them, and I'm having issues now with downloading them onto the card, installing them in the camera, etc. So I'm writing to inquire if anyone has any experience with these files, could give me some definitive instructions on how to put them onto an SD card and how to install them in the camera, perhaps has a copy of the dvd or cd-rom that I could purchase, or could point me in the right direction. Or, if all else fails, they may have an email or someway to get in touch with Barry Green, the author of the book itself. Again, I know this could be a tall order, given the age of the camera and availability of resources, but if anyone were able to assist with some info or instructions, youtube videos or webpages they could guide me to with the answers, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks for your time, ahead of time...
    PS Apologies if I'm writing under the wrong forum thread, if this is incorrect please let me know the correct forum for my question

2. Collapse Details
    The scene files include a README.TXT with them that describes how to install them. Do be aware that you'd have to have the right version of the scene files; scene files for a PAL camera won't work in an NTSC camera, etc.

3. Collapse Details
    thanks for the quick response, i checked out the .txt files, they have no installation instructions, maybe i was reading the posts wrong or misinterpreted it or something, the .txt files just have all of the settings written out, would i have to use this as a guide and go on the camera and manually adjust all the settings that are in those .txt files and save them to the SD card that way? when i read it i interpreted it as i could copy the files to the SD card on the computer, put it in the camera and have them automatically install themselves. the posts and stuff i saw were old, maybe download and some of the other computer terminology had different meanings like 8 or 10 years ago

4. Collapse Details
    Sorry, you misunderstood -- in the package as distributed on the CD, there is a "README.TXT". That's what you want, that has the instructions on how to use them.

Did you just get the individual SCENE1.TXT files etc?

5. Collapse Details
    I was never able to find the cd, the only versions of the book I could find were on ebay and amazon, but none of them came with the cd-rom. There was one that was advertised as just the cd-rom, but it was only the book, whcih has been extremely useful by itself. I was then able to track down the .txt files online, but there was no readme.txt files in the package, I'm still searching different online sites for just the cd-rom, but haven't been able to track it down, if you have a version of the cd-rom i could purchase, or could ppoint me in the right direction, i'd be greatly appreciative

6. Collapse Details
    That book's been out of print for many years. I don't have any stock of CDs left.

You could try saving the scene files from the camera onto a memory card. Then go find where the camera saved them, and replace them with the ones you downloaded. That might work.

7. Collapse Details
    Why not just manually enter the numbers?