Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Yikes! I guess SDHC cards on the HPX-250 are meant to be read on the laptop's slot and not through the cam's.

What I learned with Micro P2 and P2: One's reputation is far more valuable than saving a few hundred bucks per card. Pay full price for P2. Micro P2 is doomed with limitations and defects. Over time it actually will cost more. I had it with Micro P2. Can't afford another blunder in media reliability. Lucky I have not experienced on important events yet. And certainly beyond shadow of doubt WILL NOT be using Micro P2 on important events.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughie286 View Post
    Having a different problem with the micro P2 cards. Purchased 2- 64GB Micro cards plus P2 Adaptor. All was great until I tried to EXPORT the footage to an external HD. When I tried using my HPX250 Camera the file would not export. I had also purchased the EXPENSIVE HPD24 P2 reader/Deck. Same problem as I had with the HPX250. Everything worked EXCEPT it would not let me EXPORT to an external drive. Been on the phone with Panasonic's PASS techs and they have yet to solve this problem. They initially suggested that I install the latest software updates for my HPX250 and my HPD24 Deck. I updated those items and STILL having the SAME PROBLEM.... NO EXPORT. My most recent suggestion to the PASS folks is that I ship the 2 64GB mini P2 cards plus the Adaptor BACK to Panasonic and in exchange they send me 2 full size 64GB P2 Cards. Waiting for a response at time of this writing. (HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL !)

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughie286 View Post
    Having a different problem with the micro P2 cards. Purchased 2- 64GB Micro cards plus P2 Adaptor. All was great until I tried to EXPORT the footage to an external HD. When I tried using my HPX250 Camera the file would not export. I had also purchased the EXPENSIVE HPD24 P2 reader/Deck. Same problem as I had with the HPX250. Everything worked EXCEPT it would not let me EXPORT to an external drive. Been on the phone with Panasonic's PASS techs and they have yet to solve this problem. They initially suggested that I install the latest software updates for my HPX250 and my HPD24 Deck. I updated those items and STILL having the SAME PROBLEM.... NO EXPORT. My most recent suggestion to the PASS folks is that I ship the 2 64GB mini P2 cards plus the Adaptor BACK to Panasonic and in exchange they send me 2 full size 64GB P2 Cards. Waiting for a response at time of this writing. (HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL !)
    Last year I read a post about the 250 only supporting microcards with adapter up to 32gig for output. Maybe Google that..

3. Collapse Details
    32 Gb limit for P2? Quite unacceptable excuse for a big corporation. I still don't get why there's no 128 Gb P2. Sony already have it years ago with the SxS. Overall from many other user sites, P2 is literally been abandoned by pros (except mostly TV broadcasters). Virtually zero response from P2, Varicam 4K, etc.. The mass majority moved to other formats. Perhaps that's why P decided to pretty much cease any improvements or refinements to the format.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
    Last year I read a post about the 250 only supporting microcards with adapter up to 32gig for output. Maybe Google that..

4. Collapse Details
    Yup, no go for dumping micro P2 cards from camera directly to USB HD. I hit this on an out-of-town shoot where I intended to dump to external HD from the cam. Full-size card dumped fine, failed for junior. Back home I finally talked to an engineer at Panny and he confirmed my suspicions: no standalone HD dump for micro P2 from 250. If you use P2 viewer on a computer with the 250 connected as USB device then you can easily pick and choose shots and transfer clips at will and the program will handle all the metafile management. It's a pain in the backside and an obvious engineering/marketing fail to lose functionality that existed in previous cameras. When I was investigating this the engineer could only find ONE mention of the limitation on a very obscure web page; nothing in the manual, etc.

5. Collapse Details
    Nice thing about exporting on the HPX-250 is that you can set it and go to lunch or bed and the 2 slots will be done with verify option on. Downside is that it looks like I can only export to Type S formatted hdd. That Type S formatted hdd has to be dedicated for P2 workflow only. FAT is only available on the AG-MSU10 or other specialized P2 decks. There will be situation where non-laptop/computer offload is desired.

Quote Originally Posted by zjrt02 View Post
    Yup, no go for dumping micro P2 cards from camera directly to USB HD. I hit this on an out-of-town shoot where I intended to dump to external HD from the cam. Full-size card dumped fine, failed for junior. Back home I finally talked to an engineer at Panny and he confirmed my suspicions: no standalone HD dump for micro P2 from 250. If you use P2 viewer on a computer with the 250 connected as USB device then you can easily pick and choose shots and transfer clips at will and the program will handle all the metafile management. It's a pain in the backside and an obvious engineering/marketing fail to lose functionality that existed in previous cameras. When I was investigating this the engineer could only find ONE mention of the limitation on a very obscure web page; nothing in the manual, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12