1. Collapse Details
    Hello! Is anybody in here????
    Well I wonder if anyone still even has a Canon XL2 anymore. I just have one simple question. Does anyone know of an adapter that lets you put the Canon XL2 lens on a DSLR like say a Canon T2i? Or later?

2. Collapse Details
    That would never work. Even if it were possible, you'd get a tiny little circle of image on your T2i frame. The image would be almost entirely black, but with a tiny little circle in the center. So, no, you can't do what you're asking.

3. Collapse Details
    Ok good to know. Do you know of any possible uses for the Lens of an XL2 then? Its still a good lens and I would love to try and use it with another body. One that is an HD camera.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic34 View Post
    Ok good to know. Do you know of any possible uses for the Lens of an XL2 then? Its still a good lens and I would love to try and use it with another body. One that is an HD camera.
    5 years late to reply, sorry for that, but, no, there is no possible way you could use the XL lenses outside of the XL family of cameras. Maybe the Manual 16XL but again you would have field of view issues given how small the camera's sensors are in the XL family. If you really want to use them, just invest in a XL body of somekind again. The XL1 and XL2 are both under $300 used now which is a major steal compared to what they were new. I paid close to 5 grand for a new XL2 in december of 2006. Loved that camera.
    Cameras
    Panavision Genesis Cinema Camera
    Panasonic AJ-HDC27H Varicam Cinema ENG Camera

LENSES
    Fujinon Xa16 HD B4 Lens
    28mm F2.8 Custom Made Panavision Prime Lens

Recorders
    AJA Kona 3 PCIe 4:4:4 Dual Link Card W/ Breakout Box
    Sony SRW1/SRPC1 HDCAM SR Recorder