1. Collapse Details
    Making GoPro HERO footage look like 16mm black and white film
    I love the new Lumetri LUT system in Adobe Premiere CC 2015. I used one of the preset black and white film LUTs on some GoPro HERO footage I shot, plus I added some grain and croping and here's the result. It's not perfect, but it was an interesting experiment.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Hey!
    I think you did a really nice job!

I love Black & White 16mm and 8mm film and the look of this piece you got here reminds me of George Romero's 'Night of the Living Dead' very much. Maybe not so much the soundtrack of course.

Very haunting but with a touch of class to the look. I'd like to see you do a more serious dark story next time.
    Remember: Black and White can often be really powerful when cut more slowly too.

But please put your camera on some sticks or a steadycam next time...and make a whole film! Because this looks really good.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

3. Collapse Details
    I thought about stabilizing it, but I wanted it to look like hand-held footage.

I do like the look. Maybe I will do something with this. Thanks for the encouraging words.