Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. Collapse Details
    #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    107
    Default
    It's been assassinated!


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    1,531
    Default
    Hehe, probably was their big IBC announcement ;)

    Jeromy said a couple of weeks ago that they'd have some big announcement in 4-5 weeks. Guess this is it ;)

    I'm trying to get an answer from them if they're planning to support 2K from FS700 raw at higher frame rates (50/60/100/120) on the Shogun. That would be good enough for me to consider it. Hope to see some updated road maps for the OS announced at IBC...
    Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
    Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #13
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    The PIX monitors look good at first, but then the new media stretches the cost. This stripped down Shogun is great with people who only need HDMI and have SSDs.
    Latest pricing:
    Speeddrive enclosure (which also doubles up as a superfast USB 3.0 thumbdrive) is $59
    250GB EVO850 mSATA SSD ~ $100
    500GB EVO850 mSATA SSD ~ $180

    Paul Isaacs
    Video Devices


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #14
    Senior Member Erik Naso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,369
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitrizigany View Post
    Hehe, probably was their big IBC announcement ;)

    Jeromy said a couple of weeks ago that they'd have some big announcement in 4-5 weeks. Guess this is it ;)

    I'm trying to get an answer from them if they're planning to support 2K from FS700 raw at higher frame rates (50/60/100/120) on the Shogun. That would be good enough for me to consider it. Hope to see some updated road maps for the OS announced at IBC...
    I dont think the Shogun has the processing power to do HFR.


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #15
    Default
    Interesting, I can't see the video but I'm an A7S owner and was prepping to throw down some $$$ on a Shogun in the next few weeks. Glad I saw this! Thanks!


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,275
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Isaacs View Post
    Latest pricing:
    Speeddrive enclosure (which also doubles up as a superfast USB 3.0 thumbdrive) is $59
    250GB EVO850 mSATA SSD ~ $100
    500GB EVO850 mSATA SSD ~ $180

    Paul Isaacs
    Video Devices
    $110 and $198 (at least from B&H), but duly noted! I could have sworn these were higher in price 2 weeks ago when I was frantically checking every day for the E5 to be in stock.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...geID/accessory

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...geID/accessory


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    1,531
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    I dont think the Shogun has the processing power to do HFR.
    It's advertised as being able to do 120p in HD. Which means it should be able to take the 2K raw and turn it into ProRes at 50/60p at the very least. With some luck even 100fps. If Atomos are willing to put some effort into it.
    Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
    Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,837
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitrizigany View Post
    It's advertised as being able to do 120p in HD. Which means it should be able to take the 2K raw and turn it into ProRes at 50/60p at the very least. With some luck even 100fps. If Atomos are willing to put some effort into it.
    Take it from me, that's not necessarily true.

    There's a considerable amount of processing work required to convert Sony's RAW signal into video. Then to do this at high frame rates is that much more difficult. And then to compress into Apple ProRes at high frame rates is that much more complicated. Just because a device can handle one or two parts of a puzzle does not mean that it can do a bunch of them all at the same time.

    I can drive a car and I can grill a cheeseburger, but I cannot do both at the same time.
    Mitch Gross
    NYC


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    896
    Default
    Good news I guess. I just hoped it would be a cheaper 5" shogun with SDI. PIX-E5 is the smallest 4K option for the a7s now correct? or is it 5" but too bulky/heavy?


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #20
    Senior Member indiawilds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,322
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post

    I can drive a car and I can grill a cheeseburger, but I cannot do both at the same time.
    someone should have told this to this man who crashed his car with pants down http://news.sky.com/story/1543171/de...x-act-at-70mph


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •