Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222
Results 2,211 to 2,217 of 2217
  1. Collapse Details
    Can someone link to me an official source that shows the effective pixels in video for each of the 4k modes?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by slidemaster View Post
    Ok I was able to get a GH5 yesterday at "Hot Rod Camera's". Really cool small shop in Burbank. They took pleanty of time with me and really I felt good about them. As of now they have several available.

Allan
    I bought my GH5 from Hot Rod Camera and as I live in South America now, I asked them to unbox the camera and run it through its paces, as I cannot ship it back if my camera had any issues...I also asked them to install Vlog for me....when all was said and done they charged me nothing extra for this service though at the time of my request I offered to pay extra....very impressed with them and they'll be the camera store I deal with in the future!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fboonzaier View Post
    I bought my GH5 from Hot Rod Camera and as I live in South America now, I asked them to unbox the camera and run it through its paces, as I cannot ship it back if my camera had any issues...I also asked them to install Vlog for me....when all was said and done they charged me nothing extra for this service though at the time of my request I offered to pay extra....very impressed with them and they'll be the camera store I deal with in the future!
    Yeah, I had a similarly great experience with them when I needed Vlog in a pinch and they opened the box and read me the code before shipping it to me so that I could install it instantly.

Saving tax by purchasing from BH is one thing (I do it all the time), but it's nice to have a really good reason to support a smaller operation.

4. Collapse Details
    considering getting a GH5, selling the mighty GH4 though? not sure
    Lumix GH4 + URSA mini 4K + BMPCC + Glidecam HD2000 operator. Video Editor.

London UK www.dankeeble.com

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Keeble View Post
    Unless you have to, in order to fund the GH5, my advice would be not to...still own a GH2 that I'll never sell, and 2 GH4's...one of which I will sell....Got my GH5 a couple of weeks ago, but shot some footage at a festival on sticks and opted for the GH4...the camera produces such lovely footage, I'll always keep one...and for multiple reasons in the field where IBIS is not needed, it has it's place...for instance the battery indicator hardly moved....the GH5 goes a lot faster power wise....unless it becomes a crash cam...if you can, I would keep it!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Keeble View Post
    I prefer GH5 color over the GH4 ( looks more accurate to my eye ) and the GH5 footage appears to have more dynamic-range over the GH4 ( on paper they are supposed to be the same ) which I think is due to the GH5 having a better encoder. With the GH5 I shoot everything in 10-bit mode which gives me more room for corrections in post.

Beyond this, the 5-axis in-body stabilizer has made hand-held shooting a joy with old manual Nikon lenses. I can now shoot things hand-held with the GH5 that I would have never attempted with the GH4.

I plan on selling my GH4 later this summer and replacing it with a 2nd GH5 body, as I think shooting everything 10-bit makes more sense to me.

7. Collapse Details
    I agree with all of it. In V-Log it's easily one step more.
    Natural and Portrait profiles have way better skintones than before. Cinelike D is not terrible anymore.
    The 10 bit codec does wonders, IBIS is phenomenal.

Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222