Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sony FS100-an older camera but STILL gets the job done
    Worked on a corporate gig this afternoon.

Some talking head interviews.

Used two cameras: FS100 and FS700.

The FS100 was paired with Sony/Zeiss 24-70/2.8 and A mount adapter.

The FS700 had the Sony/Zeiss 28-135/4 E-mount.

Now I was working with a DP who does a fabulous job lighting faces.

And I know we were using decent glass but the images from these "older" Sony camera bodies were darn good.

Client - interviewee/interviewer - crew - happy folks all around.

YMMV

Be well.

Rob
    Smalltalk Productions/NYC

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robfilms View Post

And I know we were using decent glass but the images from these "older" Sony camera bodies were darn good.

YMMV

Be well.

Rob
    I think you should show the results....but you probably can't. I will say, I love
    the Sony FS series.....just love them. They are perfect for a 'corporate' shooter
    who wants to be able to offer a little of everything, slo motion, shallow depth of field, but
    still good resolution on the wide shots, 'smeary' timelapse in camera, great looking 'talking heads'
    plus you can mount then all over with their bodies which have mounting holes everywhere (mount
    on an auto or helicopter or whatever else you need), use autofocus lenses, power zooms if needed,
    really you can do pretty much whatever you need with them. I use them for my video business all
    the time, but have heard people say they are not 'acceptable for broadcast.' Which is absolutely not
    true. I was hired two days last month shooting for ABC World News, and I'm leaving tomorrow morning
    to fly out and shoot for Al Roker. They are great travel cams too, because you can take a pouch the
    size of a pack of cards and have six 64 gig cards, each which can hold 6 hours of HD video on them.
    I will be flying north next month to shoot a docu drama on how the introduction of new diseases
    from Russian fur traders, affected Native Alaskan's wiping out many villages. We will be in remote
    locations and it's a perfect camera for shooting this stuff as I can pack a few cards and batteries
    and the camera can be good basically all day with a 64 gig card and a 970 battery or two.
    Last edited by alaskacameradude; 08-18-2015 at 09:38 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    I think you should show the results....but you probably can't. I will say, I love
    the Sony FS series.....just love them. They are perfect for a 'corporate' shooter
    who wants to be able to offer a little of everything, slo motion, shallow depth of field, but
    still good resolution on the wide shots, 'smeary' timelapse in camera, great looking 'talking heads'
    plus you can mount then all over with their bodies which have mounting holes everywhere (mount
    on an auto or helicopter or whatever else you need), use autofocus lenses, power zooms if needed,
    really you can do pretty much whatever you need with them. I use them for my video business all
    the time, but have heard people say they are not 'acceptable for broadcast.' Which is absolutely not
    true. I was hired two days last month shooting for ABC World News, and I'm leaving tomorrow morning
    to fly out and shoot for Al Roker. They are great travel cams too, because you can take a pouch the
    size of a pack of cards and have six 64 gig cards, each which can hold 6 hours of HD video on them.
    I will be flying north next month to shoot a docu drama on how the introduction of new diseases
    from Russian fur traders, affected Native Alaskan's wiping out many villages. We will be in remote
    locations and it's a perfect camera for shooting this stuff as I can pack a few cards and batteries
    and the camera can be good basically all day with a 64 gig card and a 970 battery or two.
    Indeed still a great workhorse.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robfilms View Post

YMMV

Be well.

Rob
    Indeed your are using wonderful glass, but the camera also performs very well with Canon FD lenses. I use them all the time.
    It all depends on what you do with in in post.
    I also want to see the results if possible.

5. Collapse Details
    Still looking like a great camera yeah, and VERY cheap, saw one up locally here for 850 euros, thats barely more then a new GH3, I'd buy it if I didn't have other priorities atm.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I have 2 FS100's and a FS700. Workhorses. Great images, no need to upgrade my equipment at all.
    Sony FS7's (x2) / Sony FS100's (x2) / BMCC 2.5/

'Philip Bloom Certified Cinematographer'

7. Collapse Details
    I think the FS100 still holds its own against any HD camera on the market. I have a GH4 for the occasional time I need to shoot 4k but so far, there hasn't been a camera with the price & performance that would tempt me to upgrade.

8. Collapse Details
    For a noob like me, this post has made me think again about using DSLR.

Thanks for starting this thread.

9. Collapse Details
    I actually just scored an FS100 for 900 bucks the other day. Ive been shooting on a nex5n for the last 2 years, and this was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. Ive got so much to learn on how to use it properly!

10. Collapse Details
    [Re-posting under my original username]
    Last edited by LIGHTBASICS; 03-27-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast