Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Today on NFS they had an article about using a 35mm adapter on an XC10. I don't see the point for me personally since I also have a FF D750 but I still had a look around in case they where super cheap. Could be a fun experiment.

I quickly found one that also included a couple of vintage lenses, something Im very good at finding, buying, using and selling. So I went for a look.
    Just seeing the word "Flektogon" on one of the lenses was enough to know that the deal was good.

The lenses included where:
    Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4
    Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f3.5
    Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50mm f1.8
    Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8
    Jupiter 85mm f2
    Chinon 28mm f2.8

I paid $100 and looking at recently sold on ebay its worth a minimum of $600

Here are two dark, ungraded, iso4000 grabs with dust on the lenses. It is just a quick proof of concept. I will have a proper test coming soon.

2. Collapse Details
    Thought i'd up load some samples from the XC10. I've had it for about a month now and have been taking it with me on walks to get used to using the camera. I have to say it's very easy to shoot. I'm still learning how to grade the canon log, I don't have much experience with resolve but I like the flexibility of the files. I had a NX1 for a while and while looking side by side the nx1 is sharper, the canon has much richer colors.

Last edited by deadhumpy; 11-22-2015 at 01:16 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    The prices on these have come down so much (I bought one for $1100) that I finally decided to buy one for gimbal work and as a b-cam to my C100. Interesting camera. I did some tests:

I'm seeing that temporal noise reduction ghosting in Wide DR and Canon Log (visible in my autofocus test), which makes this camera one that I wouldn't bring along on a paid shoot. Someone over on EOSHD is suggesting that shooting in EOS Standard applies the least amount of noise reduction, and that it takes care of the ghosting problem. I'll have to try that out.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678