1. Collapse Details
    Will a PL to EF lens adapter work on an EF mount C500?
    Hi guys, this may be a stupid question but I want to use a PL lens on an EF mount C500 and I'm wondering if a PL to EF lens adapter would work on an EF mount C500? I know not all PL lenses will fit on certain adapters, but for those that will, would I get a usable image with this combination? I'm pretty sure the focal flange distance would be fine.

2. Collapse Details
    There are very few lenses that would even fir the adapter, but even for the ones that do there are then very, very few that will then fit into the body cavity of the EF version of the C500. With the EF lens mount there is a board that holds the electrical pin contacts for the lenses. This board protrudes up and into the space normally utilized by most PL mount lenses. The PL version of the C500 does not have this board present, allowing for more space inside the camera cavity. I would say that there are maybe a small handful of PL mount lenses at best that will fit on an EF mount C500 camera. Some of the lenses that will fit are the Angenieux zooms that are designed to fit onto film cameras. These lenses have little to no extension into the camera body. Angenieux even make a Canon adapter for using these lenses on an EF mount camera. Please note that all of these lenses, even the smallest ones, will need to be supported off of some form of front rod support when used with an EF mount.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks, that makes sense.

4. Collapse Details
    Bottom line is none of the adapters work 100%.....they can't get far focus. If an adapter could work 100%, Canon would have one and not put out 2 versions of the C series cameras......

Jim Martin
    EVSonline.com