Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    If you are seriously going down this path, it might make sense to build a digitizer and maybe even develop your own stuff. You can find reels and tanks that will hold an entire cassette, actually most hold a couple of reels, and the processing isn't that difficult once you get the process down.

I posted a link to the "DIY" digitizer in Egg Born Son's other thread, as someone who likes to make things, this is the only way I could go into a project like this. In the end it should save a bunch of money, processing at home would save a bunch more.
    Thanks, I checked out those links and I'm thinking about it (especially the developing after geeking out at a photofair last weekend) but unfortunately I think I'm going to have to acknowledge that I'm more time poor than money poor right now. If I had to pay double like 16mman is I might think otherwise. I'm more interested in the look than the process (actually that's a lie but one I have to tell myself - time poor) and 100AUD a reel is affordable.

2. Collapse Details
    This guy has a pretty cool system worked out. It looks like something I could pull off.

http://cargocollective.com/pauldesilva/Pas-de-Deux

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12