Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm fairly certain I tried all avenues for this and was able to get the tally light working but nothing else.

It's buried in a thread somewhere but to my knowledge the camera just won't do anything useful without confirming a match between between video going to and from the dock, vidovation had to emulate this mojo in order to manually trigger external recording. Would love to be wrong though.
    Last edited by helweg; 09-16-2019 at 08:15 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    It was my experience that I could get the Tally's and record trigger a SRW-1 attached to the IF box but I was not able to trigger an Odyssey. It is my understanding the trigger signal is some proprietary sony thing and not supported by other recorders. My next idea was to have a trigger that connects to both the f35 and Odyssey so you could trigger them at the same time. This works but it concerned me that I may have a situation where the f35 is triggered but not the Odyssey and I would not know.

My final idea was to trigger the Odyssey and use it's power out that lights up the led on their trigger cable to trigger Tally's on the f35, basically use that voltage to close a circuit that shorts the GND and REMOTE pins on the f35. I am almost positive this can be done but I was not able to to find a relay locally that would switch with the very low wattage going to the led circuit and sold the f35 before I was successful.

3. Collapse Details
    Is there a handgrip trigger for the F cameras when using the SRW 1?
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2008 W/ AJA Kona 3 Dual-Link 4:4:4 Capture Card
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, I had a used one similar to this that I used. I believe any that have the same 3 pin connector will work.

https://www.filmtools.com/arri-hand-grip-339296.html

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dhessel View Post
    It was my experience that I could get the Tally's and record trigger a SRW-1 attached to the IF box but I was not able to trigger an Odyssey. It is my understanding the trigger signal is some proprietary sony thing and not supported by other recorders. My next idea was to have a trigger that connects to both the f35 and Odyssey so you could trigger them at the same time. This works but it concerned me that I may have a situation where the f35 is triggered but not the Odyssey and I would not know.

My final idea was to trigger the Odyssey and use it's power out that lights up the led on their trigger cable to trigger Tally's on the f35, basically use that voltage to close a circuit that shorts the GND and REMOTE pins on the f35. I am almost positive this can be done but I was not able to to find a relay locally that would switch with the very low wattage going to the led circuit and sold the f35 before I was successful.
    How did you attach the srw1 to the IF Box?

I have been able to trigger recorders from the SDI (trigger signal is definitely not proprietary) when SRW1 was docked and the rec button from the camera operative and starting the SRW1 record. It records to SRW1 and through SDI on camera it triggers an external ricorder.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dhessel View Post
    Attachment 136895

Here is the wiring diagram for the remote port on the F35 (Page 142 in the manual). To trigger recorder you need to short the GND pin with the Remote pin. As long as those pins remain shorted the camera will be in record mode with tally's, etc... If I recall correctly there is a setting in the Maintenance menu to get triggering to work. I looked at the manual and I believe it is the REC TRIGGER setting which can be set to SWITCH or RECORDER, I don't recall which one is correct option though.
    Thanks! That’s useful. There is a remote port at the back of the camera, so I am glad to see this diagram! Thanks

7. Collapse Details
    I had it connected only via sdi cables to the if box, I believe I had to alter the record trigger setting to get it to work but I has been a while. As I recall the remote port is on the front right side of the camera, I don't recall one on the back.

8. Collapse Details
    Ok... so what I am starting to see is that the IF Box does not output trigger record signals, but the camera monitor outs in 10bit 422 do. I’ll do some testing and let you guys know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234