1. Collapse Details
    Audio Channels help on C100mkII
    I'm looking for any guidance on how to record audio via XLR into both Channel 1 & 2, but adjust their level separately?

For example, I have the set the following; "AUDIO SETUP>AUDIO INPUT>XLR REC CHANNEL" to "CH1/CH2".

I then hooked up a shotgun mic to CH1 port on the handle and from the handle controls selected the following for both CH1 & CH2...
    Manual
    MIC +48V
    EXT

The camera will only allow me to adjust levels for CH1, but the levels for CH2 adjust along with it. I want to be able to set CH2 levels lower, as a safety level. How do I do that?

Any help is appreciated in advance. Thanks!

NOTE: Setting the "XLR REC CHANNEL" to "CH1" won't work either, as that just allows me to record 2 separate devices or the internal mic and the shotgun.

2. Collapse Details
    You can't do this on any of the current C-series cameras, which is an unfortunate pain. Hopefully the C300 Mark II will have this feature (Sony and Panasonic do), but I haven't heard of it having it, so I'm doubtful it will.

3. Collapse Details
    a workaround for this is using a y-fork cable to split the one xlr cable into two (one femal xlr to 2 male xlr)
    this way you can leave "AUDIO SETUP>AUDIO INPUT>XLR REC CHANNEL" to "CH1" and adjust ch1 and ch2 separately.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by avian View Post
    a workaround for this is using a y-fork cable to split the one xlr cable into two (one femal xlr to 2 male xlr)
    this way you can leave "AUDIO SETUP>AUDIO INPUT>XLR REC CHANNEL" to "CH1" and adjust ch1 and ch2 separately.
    Funny you said this, as I ordered those exact cables from Amazon and they came in today. You are correct though, that is a work around and will split the audio to both channels, but allow you to control each separately. Thanks gents!

5. Collapse Details
    I use a XLR female to dual XLR male adapter cable on my C100 MK1. They are available at B&H for about $10.00.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...rch=yes&sts=pi

I use this frequently.