Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79
  1. Collapse Details
    #31
    Senior Member reem12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,428
    Default
    I for one do not use the 4k mode. The uhd mode far exceeds the 1080 in detail and quality, and down res to 1080 very vicely. I just shot a wedding with the cam and couldn't be happier. The 16 to 50s lens and it's auto focus was a complete life saver for that type of event work where you only get seconds to get a shot correct. It in my opinion handled better than the 5d that we used. Loving this cam. Now I'm just waiting for myself or another capable Dp to utilize this cam in a lit narrative setting, with maybe some nice prime glass in front of it.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #32
    Senior Member macgregor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    2,668
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by reem12 View Post
    I for one do not use the 4k mode. The uhd mode far exceeds the 1080 in detail and quality, and down res to 1080 very vicely. I just shot a wedding with the cam and couldn't be happier. The 16 to 50s lens and it's auto focus was a complete life saver for that type of event work where you only get seconds to get a shot correct. It in my opinion handled better than the 5d that we used. Loving this cam. Now I'm just waiting for myself or another capable Dp to utilize this cam in a lit narrative setting, with maybe some nice prime glass in front of it.
    Exactly, lets not forget the AF and EVF. Those two are a killer just by themselves. Combined with oversampled 1080p 444 and the price of the body is what make this camera hard to not consider it for run&gun shoots.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    512
    Default
    not to mention that its wifi is amazing. It just made me save some money.
    I needed to take a couple of pictures of a hand drawing on a graphic tablet. Instead of hiring a model, I used my smartphone to nail focus remotely on the 85mm at f2....and use the free hand as the subject of these images
    Brilliant.
    Oh....and I was checking the images on the smartphone while shooting. No need to reach for the camera!


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #34
    Senior Member reem12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,428
    Default
    Not my video, but I found this on youtube and thought this gentleman did a fine job with exposure, and showed off the available DR of the NX1. I think a nikon 50mm 1.8 was used for the video and really knocked off some video sharpness. I like what I'm seeing from older prime lenses with the Nx1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEa9ImGqyxo


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chatham, MA
    Posts
    182
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by improser View Post
    Ok, I understand that cc is not goin to happen but I see the macroblocking clearly without that post, thats bugged me. If only they have proper HDMI output the this could be bypassed happily, its so frustrating.
    The camera can output true 4K 4:2:2 out of the HDMI.
    Last edited by geffyb; 05-29-2015 at 10:39 AM.


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #36
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by geffyb View Post
    The camera can output true 4K 4:2:2 out of the HDMI.
    The issue is the framerate and resolution. I can`t find info con true 24p (or 23.976p) output of C4K or UHD. 30p and 25p is working says macgregor.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chatham, MA
    Posts
    182
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by improser View Post
    The issue is the framerate and resolution. I can`t find info con true 24p (or 23.976p) output of C4K or UHD. 30p and 25p is working says macgregor.
    C4K is listed in the HDMI output settings, given than the camera only shoots 24p in that mode it must be that on recorders like the upcoming sound devices PIX-E series.


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    246
    Default
    Speaking of video tests, here's a tough test for any camera's AF. This was shot after the new firmware update was applied. Select 4K if you have a 4K capable monitor:



    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #39
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by geffyb View Post
    C4K is listed in the HDMI output settings, given than the camera only shoots 24p in that mode it must be that on recorders like the upcoming sound devices PIX-E series.
    I donīt found confirmation for this is working, even Oddysey suposedky works C4K 24p, but no real world confirmation about this es effectivily working. If you found that please share here


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #40
    Senior Member Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    HellOnEarth, Noflag
    Posts
    3,446
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by macgregor View Post
    I'll be shooting a project next week. We'll see how it goes.
    Hope you can post it soon, looking forward to it.

    I can't imagine going back to shooting regularly with a DSLR though.
    The C100 (without top handle) passes as a DSLR most of the time, so not much "stealth factor" to gain by using DSLR.
    But there are other aspects to using a DSLR for filming and considering the price of the NX1 the C100 (and many others) stink;)
    I admire the NX1 from a technological point of view and hope to see more videos, where it has been put to work by pros like you.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •