1. Collapse Details
    Bon Voyage AF100 forum
    This is not a thread knocking that there was no upgrade to the AF-100 at NAB or for that matter the AF-100. I've really enjoyed using my AF-100 but...my clients demand a more "popular" camera. After carefully research I've decided that's the Sony FS7. Sure it costs more than the AF-100, but I'll realize additional shooting days from out of town producers. I might keep the AF-100 around for those rare instances when I need a "B" camera. I've enjoyed the lively debates and tips on this forum but now it's on to the FS7 forum and new adventures. Take care.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    LS300 could be my replacement.

3. Collapse Details
    Sold my AF100 yesterday. Learned so much on that cam but I found myself reaching for the bmpcc or gh4 more recently before ever thinking of picking up the AF100. This forum was the best help too in learning how to use the cam, thanks guys

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah I still have 2 x AF101's, love those cameras, can get a great image and operate them blind after so much use,
    I'm keeping them for event work etc but looking for a new cam for Ad agency work and higher end corporate stuff,
    If i had the budget I'd take an Amira but I'm looking at the FS7, Canon C300 mk 2, Ursa Mini Pro and LS300 as options.
    I don't need RAW recording, just solid 1080/4K and a strong codec.
    The new Ursa looks nice and hopefully I can find a rental to play with - been a while since I've shopped for a new cam and the choice is overwhelming these days!
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

5. Collapse Details
    We loved our AF100 but as newer cameras became available we traded up, first to an AG-HPX 250 and now to a DVX200. As a side notes we were able to match the DVX200 to a GH4 and take advantage of our MFT Lenses, details are listed below.

DVX200 Check List For Multi Camera Shoots

Tests made on 5-19-16 proved that both the Panasonic AG-DVX200 and the GH4 cameras could be matched perfectly for multi camera shoots, see the following filmed at Encore Broadcast. https://vimeo.com/167443202

DVX200 Settings;

Make sure that you have Firmware Version 1.65 installed in your DVX200 camera and set the Color Palette to NATURAL then install the Panasonic Scene File commonly referred to as “Like GH4” this should be installed so that it replaces Scene File 4 in your DVX200 camera. Then always use Scene File 4 for multi camera shoots that include a GH4. Noted below are the actual settings for the “Like GH4” Scene File.

MASTER DETAIL +10
    DETAIL CORING 1
    SKIN TONE DTL OFF
    V DETAIL LEVEL 0
    KNEE APE LEVEL 3
    RB GAIN CONTROL SETTING
    CROMA LEVEL 0
    CROMA PHASE 0
    MATRIX NORM2
    COLOR CORRECTION SETTING
    MASTER PED -3
    GAMMA MODE FILMLIKE2
    BLACK GAMMA -8
    BLACK GAMMA RANGE 3

6. Collapse Details
    I just took the old girl out for a few corporates at MWC mobile world congress in Barcelona, the crime rate in the lovely Barcelona is getting beyond absurd so not wanting to take the newer more expensive toys I took my Af101 and it was a joy to use again, That camera has a real original organic look. At one point I thought about selling it but not now. The only think I need to improve it is to buy a powered zoom lens.

EDIT - far from retiring it I just bought another lens last night 14-42mm powerzoom on eBay.
    Last edited by Vultch; 03-05-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    Everything involving the pig is above board.

7. Collapse Details
    Haha @Vultch - I used to shoot MWC with my AF101! That place is a madhouse, biggest event I've ever covered. Not been for the last two years now...

@Vardalos - I'll have to try your settings with my AC161 and see if it matches my GH4, could be useful.
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

8. Collapse Details
    Rest assured TubEfingers Mobile World Congress is still as mad as ever, for us we view it as an endurance test with cries of "thats it, never again" But every year we all return.
    Everything involving the pig is above board.