Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: DVX at an Amusement Park
    Hey Rich,

The colored flickering bulbs close up was the best, along with the blurred out red light spinning on a ride.

Real Cool....
    Tony D.&&Miami&&www.Darkroompix.com&&Where we deveop bright ideas&&

2. Collapse Details
    I waiting for Darkman to come out and tell me to"take the poo pooing bear). I dug it.

3. Collapse Details
    Also, what settings did you use in your camera?

4. Collapse Details
    Rich,

Whoa! I'm currently saving my hard earned dinero for a dvx100a, and I was debating between that and the XL2, but your footage just sold me hard on the Panny! Seriously, your humble little footage is the most amazing thing I've seen done with this camera, and it's all done with available light! Awe-inspiring. I'm seriously having to pick my mouth up from the floor when I think of what this camera can do. Way to go!

This is what my friends and I would call an air hump moment.

I'm a screenwriter in my spare time, and I wrote an indie movie with an amusement park scene which this reminded me of. I was trying to sell the script to a director, but after seeing what you did just off the cuff, I realized I've gotta' get a Panny and direct the show myself. Absolutely unbelievable.

Anymore footage? Pass it on! Also, any filming tips would be greatly appreciated. Can't Wait!

- Sam

5. Collapse Details
    sampotter- cool man. glad i could help out. the dvx is pretty damn sweet. dont know what film tips i have to offer on that one, i kinda just shoot what i think looks nice. i'll see if i can think of any. anyway, when you get the cam and start shooting, post some stuff here. good luck with your film and your writing/directing!

peace

6. Collapse Details
    YOu did "Precursor"? NO way!
    Rich,

Just checked out your website. I didn't realize you directed "Precursor"! I'm on Triggerstreet too, and I have a script that was in the top 10 and Hall of fame before they did away with it. I loved that movie! I have a few questions for you on it (Precursor), if you don't mind...

First of all, what editing program did you use?

How did you accomplish that cool time-lapse cloud effect, especially when the wind blowing on the canopy above the trailer was moving in real time?

What did you do to create the atomic wave that sweeps across the plain?

Again, any tips you have would be great.

- Sam

7. Collapse Details
    that be me. glad you liked it. congrats onthe top ten for your script. to bad they did away with that stuff! >

i use premiere. i did the sky thing by shooting a timelapse of a sky, then comping that over the shots in the desert. i also slowed down the shots in the desert a bit so that they were even more different then the fast moving sky.

the wave thing was a mixture of cg stuff that i did in 3d, as well as some stock footage bits. its kinda cheesy. it could be done way better by someone else. its fine for what it is though, it get the point across. id love to have someone with some serious 3d partivcle skills redo it.

there is a long thread about it on dvinfo if you want to read some more about it. you might be able to pull out some usfull info there...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=22981

peace!

8. Collapse Details
    Very cool shots! I'm new to the DVX and these forums in general. I really enjoyed watching your piece and I kept thinking "what's next, what's next."
    I agree with disjecta it does have a wierd David Lynch feel to it.
    Cheers
    Robb&&Editor/Photographer&&

9. Collapse Details
    Great footage Rich. Why 24Pa? Seems like it looks a little better than the standard 24P mode. Is this technically true?

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Rich awsome shots, they also sold me on the Panny. Just curious, what is the name of the band that plays along? Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast