1. Collapse Details
    Metabones SpeedBooster back cap stuck
    Just took the adapter out of the bag to test a lens and the back cap won't come off. It plays between open and closed and there's some looseness in the open position, but it's stuck pretty good. I pulled on it while playing back and forth...nothing. I slipped a knife blade under there, verrry carefully, to try and pry it off and it's still resisting. I don't want to hard force it but I'm not sure what else to do. Anyone else run into this issue?

2. Collapse Details
    Slipped the blade around to the one side that was holding on and jiggled it around a bit, finally popped it off.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Kuhn View Post
    Slipped the blade around to the one side that was holding on and jiggled it around a bit, finally popped it off.
    So is the cap defective ?

4. Collapse Details
    Couldn't tell by looking at it. I just left the adapter on the camera. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out which tab on the cap to file down later.

5. Collapse Details
    My metabones speedbooster back cap is a fiddle too. I have the one for Olympus OM to m43. I think a little deburring around the edges of the locks inside the cap with an xacto blade are in order.

Cheers,
    Pete

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by c3hammer View Post
    My metabones speedbooster back cap is a fiddle too. I have the one for Olympus OM to m43. I think a little deburring around the edges of the locks inside the cap with an xacto blade are in order.

Cheers,
    Pete
    Old post, but I found it in a search because I'm having the same problem. The back cap is stuck. It loosens, but it won't come off.
    Work Examples - Vimeo - My Music
    Sony FS5 :: Panasonic GH4 :: Sony EX1 :: FCPX :: Senn G3 / RodeLink Wireless
    Rode NT1, NTG-2, NTG-3 Shotgun, NT3(Pair), NT4 (Stereo), NT2000, AT4053b Hyper

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadfish View Post
    Old post, but I found it in a search because I'm having the same problem. The back cap is stuck. It loosens, but it won't come off.
    I bought a bunch of Olympus m4/3 back-caps from B&H to replace many of the back-caps I have. The main reason is that the Olympus caps fit well, don't get stuck, and are low-profile compared to many of the other caps. ( the newer Panasonic caps are good too )

8. Collapse Details
    I did what Justin did and slid a knife in there and pried it out, then I just took it off / put it on a few times to break it in, and now it's fine.
    Work Examples - Vimeo - My Music
    Sony FS5 :: Panasonic GH4 :: Sony EX1 :: FCPX :: Senn G3 / RodeLink Wireless
    Rode NT1, NTG-2, NTG-3 Shotgun, NT3(Pair), NT4 (Stereo), NT2000, AT4053b Hyper