Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Collapse Details
    I was afraid of that, oh well... I will not spend money on any camera with a standard EF mount, not today, not tomorrow! A Cine locking EF mount perhaps...

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny16 View Post
    I was afraid of that, oh well... I will not spend money on any camera with a standard EF mount, not today, not tomorrow! A Cine locking EF mount perhaps...
    Nothing is confirmed by any credible source yet. At all. Tomorrow is the first opportunity for actual credible knowledgeable people to speak to what the camera is and isn't, what it does and doesn't have, etc.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Yes, sounds good Barry, you are correct, meanwhile, it's all just speculation.
    Cheers

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Well, my lens mount iseue proved correct, standard, loose, inaccurate Canon still camera lens mount, too bad!
    Not a AF100 replacement after all, and with a EF mount, no PL glass either, without klutzy adapters.
    Another expensive Prosummer and Pro wedding/dipocumentsry/corporation type inhouse production camera at under $8K, meaning $7995, or thereabouts.
    This camera is going to have a hard time competing with the Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro, which is $2K less, records Raw now, and ProRes, and has interchangeable lens mounts which include ps the PL mount.

The AF100 MFT concept is dead, as the market demand is for larger sensors, like Super 35, with the nutty idea, the higher the resolution sensor, the better. But a good HD or UHD resolution sensor, with 12-14 bit depth recording to robust codecs like ProRes, or Raw DNGs is much better than a 8-10 bit 4K sensor recording to highly compressed codecs like AVCHD, etc. But the consumer is being convinced they need higher resolution, not increased bit depth. So we all loose in the end.

The best we can hope for is windowed mode for these larger sensors, like the Blackmagic 4.6K sensor, that has a high bit depth (14-bit) with a HD, 2K (both of which will allow S16 lens coverage) and UHD window a MFT lens could cover. Add an interchangeable lens mount camera, with optional recording codecs, and everyone wins.
    Last edited by Denny16; 06-04-2017 at 07:01 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031