1. Collapse Details
    HMC150, Atomos Ninja 2
    Senior Member Cryogenic Filmworks's Avatar
    On their website it shows compatability with HMC151 but does not list the HMC150. Does anybody know if the Ninja 2 will work on the HMC150?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair // Bail Out

DVX100b / T3i / HMC150 / C100 / Atomos Ninja Blade
    50mm 1.8 / 24mm 2.8 / 18-55 5.6 / 75-300mm 5.6 / Rokinon Cine DS 85mm

2. Collapse Details
    It will, I've used them together as well as with a HV30 (and will with anything that sends out clean HDMI)... with cameras like the HMC's that don't send S/S triggers over HDMI, you'll need to trigger via the Ninja itself.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

3. Collapse Details
    I have used the Ninja Blade with the HMC150 and it works fine. (no trigger though)

4. Collapse Details
    Kool. Thinking about trying to get a c100 and it seems to be combined with the ninja so thought I might grab that first and hook it to my HMMC150 and perhaps see if it can be used on my t3i also. Thanks.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

5. Collapse Details
    I'm a little late to this thread, but I use the HMC150 and a Ninja2 frequently. Maximum resolution to record is 720p. Using any 60p output will cause terrible interlacing on the recorded video. When the Ninja is used as the primary recording media, I find the resulting video is much cleaner than the compressed variety.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieValiant View Post
    I'm a little late to this thread, but I use the HMC150 and a Ninja2 frequently. Maximum resolution to record is 720p. Using any 60p output will cause terrible interlacing on the recorded video. When the Ninja is used as the primary recording media, I find the resulting video is much cleaner than the compressed variety.
    I got a C100 and Ninja Blade since this, have not taken the time to attach to the DMC150 but may try this week just to see what it does.

7. Collapse Details
    I know this thread is old, but with the current version of Ninja-2 firmware (4.3) you can record 8 bit (in a 10 bit wrapper) 4:2:2 1080P30.
    The 150's output is 1080 60i, but the Ninja-2 can be set up to convert it into 1080P30.

It was interesting to compare the 4:2:0 MTS video to ProRes 422HQ: Very little visual difference, unless going crazy while colour grading.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing the useful info. Yes I've tested the Ninja Blade with the HMC150 and it worked well also. Like you said the visual difference isn't great but the stronger codec gives more room to push around in post. The HMC has a good implementation of AVCHD to start with, that does well for most tasks. Too bad there's no record trigger.
    With the Blade you also gain a better monitor that helps with focussing. The more I use other cameras the more strongly I dislike the lousy LCD of the HMC150