Page 156 of 282 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2819
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Wood View Post
    Yes, I'm in the same boat. Here in Australia it is being advertised at $6495, A LONG WAY off when I bought our 160.130 series when our dollar was at least at parity with US Dollar.

Vaughan
    Yeah the uk doesn't get a great pricing deal either.

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Hmm, should have said something here too, right? Yes, for all registered buyers of the DVX200, they will get The DVX200 Book for free...
    You have a deal with panny to pay you? Nobody would do that for thin air.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Wood View Post
    Yes, I'm in the same boat. Here in Australia it is being advertised at $6495, A LONG WAY off when I bought our 160.130 series when our dollar was at least at parity with US Dollar.

Vaughan
    Ahh good old rip off Australia and it pee poor dollar. A nation being isolated economically as well as geographically. Sad times.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Hands on first look from yesterday's press event in the UK. Hints of limitations with low lights or perhaps IQ (not sure as everything phrased indirectly). Some irritations with layout and functions (functions disappear on screen after few seconds, have to be assigned to function button, or wipeout other screen info).

The review is almost damming with faint praise and hints at niche use, not the universal application we hoped for.

Final judgment reserved until they have had unit for a future test.

No cause for panic as this is yet another case of Pannie giving cameras to shooters without proper instruction on how to optimize image. Why do they consistently do this?

http://tubeshooter.co.uk/2015/09/02/...pro-camcorder/
    Last edited by philiplipetz; 09-02-2015 at 08:42 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    I thought the report was reasonable and fair. As for most they seem to miss the fact that there is spot focus on the touch screen which is very fast on my cameras and I think for these newer camera will be the way to get quick ( and maybe the best) focus with high resolution.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil vG View Post
    Barry, Will that only be in the US and for a limited time?
    No, and no...

7. Collapse Details
    A couple of things on that tubeshooter report:

1. There's a paragraph about the lens being possibly not parfocal. That's just not so. You don't have to refocus at each zoom setting, it holds focus, you can absolutely zoom in, set focus, and zoom back out to shoot and it holds. The reporter there didn't say they observed any issues in their own footage, only that after they were done they "heard" that it "isn't" parfocal. The only time you can't zoom in, focus, and zoom back out is when you're at the minimum focus distance; the lens can focus closer at full wide angle than it can at telephoto (as is very common with zoom lenses.) Now, it may not be parfocal in terms of being a purely optical system, because the lens is very complex and it has multiple groups of moving elements that are computer-controlled, so -- the end result is that it absolutely holds focus throughout the zoom, whether it's "true" parfocal or whether it's computer-assisted to invisibly and seamlessly refocus it as necessary, that'd be a matter of semantics and I don't know that there's any way we could know that answer ... and there's absolutely nothing we could do with the information even if we did know it. The lens is an integrated part of the camera, and it holds focus throughout the zoom range. That's the important part.

And yes, focus assist can be assigned to a user button, so it could be reassigned to the one on the right side by the record button if you so chose.

2. He mentions the focus ring and that the Japan DP's had asked for finer adjustment. That suggestion was implemented, there's three different settings on the focus ring, one is for "fine" adjustment. The writer also suggested that perhaps the focus ring should be "speed sensitive" -- it is. That's the third option for setting the focus ring.

3. Regarding the "iris lag" -- I don't know what he's referring to, as the unit I have has no lag whatsoever. Perhaps that was an issue with earlier firmware and they've already addressed it? In any case, quick iris changes don't lag. Now, when doing very slow iris changes, there is space on the iris ring before the next change happens, which lets you adjust precisely. I don't know if that's what he's referring to as "lag", but I wouldn't call it lag.

4. About the eye sensor -- he's absolutely right, it's a frustrating and annoying situation. Everyone I've ever met who's used the DVX200 has complained about it, so I do hope they're addressing it. It works, it's just way too sensitive so it triggers when you don't intend for it to.

5. About the waveform -- yes, it is weird that all other displays disappear when it's turned on. I have asked the factory to change that.

6. About the zebras -- again, this is a case of just not knowing how the camera works. There is (as he hopes) a menu option that makes the zebras either "momentary" or "constant". He just didn't know (and couldn't be expected to, given the brief amount of time allotted).

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    I thought the report was reasonable and fair.
    It red like a sum up of this thread with some quirks Barry corrected instantly. Still waiting quietly in the corner for some more definite judgement/footage.

9. Collapse Details
    There are things changing constantly too. For example, i just got another firmware update, and can now confirm that the focus ring is completely repeatable and precise. That was one of the complaints that Jonathan Lawrence mentioned in his video review, and they've addressed it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecameras View Post
    Ahh good old rip off Australia and it pee poor dollar. A nation being isolated economically as well as geographically. Sad times.
    Good sum up!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    No, and no...
    That's good to know. Shame I can't afford it.

Would you say that there are good firmware (not hardware) options on the DVX200 that if Panasonic wanted to they could incorporate into the HC-X1000 (1080p at 120fps for example, if I recall correctly, they did a upgrade like that on the AC160)?

4k at 120fps would be even better

Page 156 of 282 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast