Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Question why not just copy the entire P2 card then paste to your destination? Then import once in PP, then check it. Sometime if you put it right into a time line it will only give you one audio track. This way you can check the Source monitor in Audio and see all 4 audio tracks. Hope this helps.
    - HXP250 - Mark III 5D - CS6 - MAC PRO 8 CORE -

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rzr219 View Post
    Question why not just copy the entire P2 card then paste to your destination? Then import once in PP, then check it. Sometime if you put it right into a time line it will only give you one audio track. This way you can check the Source monitor in Audio and see all 4 audio tracks. Hope this helps.
    I import & back up to three places (separate hard drives) at once + I do a safety copy of the entire card to a hard drive.
    I normally use Bulletproof to do my import and backup but it won't recognise the LongG25 footage to transcode (it seems to back up ok though).

I need to transcode as PP is very laggy when trying to play back LongG25 footage, like others have reported it seriously grinds my system (not quite to the ground as I've only done test footage) - only seems to work ok if I transcode to another format. So I don't want to drop LongG25 onto a timeline to check the day's footage - seems to play a bit better in Prelude.

So I guess I'm trying to do two things - 1) check my daily footage 2) playback easily in an NLE (with all audio channels)

But I will try the method you suggest to check the audio is there at least - thanks.

3. Collapse Details
    Ok, well how about this. Use P2 Viewer this will allow you to see the footage and see that all 4 tracks of audio recorded. Its an idea.
    - HXP250 - Mark III 5D - CS6 - MAC PRO 8 CORE -

4. Collapse Details
    Regarding batteries: Someone else on this site recommended I buy these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ltra_High.html

They make a huge difference, and the extra weight/length hasn't been an issue for me.

Fo long events I now use the Panasonic batteries for setup, and pop the Ikan's in for the real thing. And whenever I can, I use the AC input, with a battery in place…just in case of a power failure. Not having to use the battery slot for AC power is one of my favorite features.

5. Collapse Details
    Thank Bassman for the score on the batteries. I use the Panny batteries mostly, but it's nice to have that ultimate backup when you need it.

I've got a post production question, maybe wrong forum. The 4 channels of audio are nice, unless you don't need all four, then it's a space hogging nuisance in Premieres timeline. Is there any simple way to just import 1 & 2 or eliminate channels 3 & 4 when you don't need them?

Little tip I discovered by accident. It's possible to store 3 color temps in the preset white balance switch position. Just set the "W. balance preset" to variable under "Switch Mode". Then select whatever third white balance you want stored. When you switch "W. balance preset" back to 5600 or 3200 in "Switch Mode", that third white balance will appear as a third choice, with a small V next to it. Be warned though, apparently you'll always have that third choice, I haven't found a way to get rid of it.

6. Collapse Details
    Happy to help.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crossXcheck View Post

Batteries- Jeez, anybody got a car battery strap-on adapter for this thing? Granted I'm spoiled but this is ridiculous, any hints greatly welcomed. Not only do you need 3-4 batteries for a full days shoot, you'll need a multi-battery charger just to stay even. My only disappointment so far. Battery also noticeably drains with the camera off, so disconnect the battery when finished, arrrggghh.

I needed a camera that could do pretty much everything well with minimal fuss and maximum flexibility. Great camera so far.
    While we make 2x and 4x chargers for Panasonic D54 batteries for a long time, we just released several models that work with both D54 and VW-VBD58 batteries.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...att_chrgr.html
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...bat_chrgr.html
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...bat_chrgr.html

8. Collapse Details
    PX270 and some issues
    I call a PX270 my own, too and for some reasons I still do not feel comfortable with it. Had a DVX100, the 150 and af101 before and this time ... well, it's weird. Besides the amazingly extensive menu and dont become comfortable with the lcd screen, which appears to be slightly greenish or pale, although I changed some settings. And the two zebras ... well, I feel they are puzzeling. How do you guys handle this? And does anyone feels the lcd's colours are weird, too?

Sascha

9. Collapse Details
    Sascha, yes the 270 can be a bit overwhelming, but I think it's because there are so many ways to set things up. It's meant to appeal to ex-150 owners as well as VariCam people, and the menus reflect that.

I never liked the default zebra settings either, but they can be made to work almost like the 150. The second zebra default is set to "Spot", which I never liked. Change that to "On" under Display Setup menu, and it works like you're used to. Also change the duration from "Moment" to "Continue" in the SW Mode menu, and use the cameras' side zebra switch to control on and off. The biggest difference now is that both zebras will always show, and your first zebra setting angles left to right and second zebra angles the other way. Still not as clear as two separate button pushes, but I'm getting used to it.

I agree the shipping LCD settings weren't great, but with some tweaking I got the LCD to match the EVF pretty well, although it's still difficult to see in bright sunlight. I prefer to use the EVF for shot composition and leave the waveform showing on the LCD and just refer to that for exposure compensation.

Stick with it, it's an amazing camera that does everything very well.

10. Collapse Details
    I think the LCD is a nice screen. I might have a bit of a green cast but not too offensive. The overall color seems pretty accurate to me. LCDs are only useful in limited situations anyway imho. These are very nice cameras and it is great to have so much versatility in the menu options.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast