Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dashwood View Post
    I modified my mounting plate the other day and was able to get the lenses 5 inches apart on centre. This will help to shoot objects closer to the lens. However, the lens shades won't fit.

This is as good as it gets without designing a special 3D camera body.
    Hi Tim,

Very nice indeed!!

I knew that those glasses coated with dust sitting on to of my computer would once again come in handy...

Some years ago I was very much into shooting 3D stills (viewed using the cross-eyed method), now correct me if I'm wrong but from memory I found that if I exaggerated the distance between the two lens barrels (within reason) the 3D depth effect was more pronounced.

Is there a reason why you wanted to get the lens closer together?

Cheers,

2. Collapse Details
    Holy resurrected post!

I find it funny to look at this first attempt of mine. I've shot so much since, read so many stereoscopic books, and researched (and modified) the cameras so much that I now see all of the errors I made when shooting this.

I was at the 3D content creation theatre at NAB this afternoon watching the clips presented with the RealD system and I honestly believe (and NAB08 is a good indication) that there will be a market for independently produced 3D content before all the major studios get up to speed. We'll see.

BTW, I saw the RED Scarlet today and from the looks of it two of those would fit nicely together for a 70mm interaxial distance! It is about a 1/2" wider than a CF card.
    ---------------------
    http://www.TimDashwood.com

3. Collapse Details
    Wow, a really old thread, I know, but I stumbled on it and the shots are awesome. Amazingly, I had a pair of 3D glasses sitting at the very top of a desk drawer that I haven't been in for probably a year. Really good looking stuff!
    "Procrastination is the greatest laborsaving invention of all time."

"...you must be an alchemist, because only a poser would use any type of metal he didn't make himself... "

4. Collapse Details
    what colors should the glasses have?

thanks,
    Derrick

5. Collapse Details
    Red on the left eye and blue on the right.
    "Procrastination is the greatest laborsaving invention of all time."

"...you must be an alchemist, because only a poser would use any type of metal he didn't make himself... "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123