1. Collapse Details
    JVC LS 300 -Yes, another offer BMPC
    JVC is stirring up the pot some more.....
    JVC is also offering a $300 instant rebate to owners of the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema camera when they trade in their camera for a new JVC LS 300 S35mm 4K camera...........of course, you cannot combine this with any of the other offers ....$500 IR for Panasonic AF100 trade in....or a Free Rokinon 24 or 35mm lens OR a Free Metabones adapter.

Jim Martin

2. Collapse Details
    hmm. let's see...a $300 credit of 12-bit RAW (and my Hot Mirror with my new 256gb Extreme Pro U3) in exchange for 8-bit splendor... that's a hard one

20150311_183720.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    The perfect camera offer joke... : D
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm usually a lurker around here, but I think this camera is getting a hard deal from dvxusers! I love the form factor and variety of shooting styles with different lenses. It doesn't have all the features people want, but its a pretty low price.

I have a Pocket Cam and have really started to figure it out and love it-I don't mind the audio and ND workarounds-so I'm not ready to ditch it yet. But this is an interesting offer, because it means that JVC thinks this is a camera for serious-but not necessarily wealthy-small film makers. If they have that much confidence, I for one, am going to give JVC some time to put some good images out there. Maybe this will end up in my tookit (backpack actually) later??

kairosmatt

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kairosmatt View Post
    I'm usually a lurker around here, but I think this camera is getting a hard deal from dvxusers! I love the form factor and variety of shooting styles with different lenses. It doesn't have all the features people want, but its a pretty low price.

I have a Pocket Cam and have really started to figure it out and love it-I don't mind the audio and ND workarounds-so I'm not ready to ditch it yet. But this is an interesting offer, because it means that JVC thinks this is a camera for serious-but not necessarily wealthy-small film makers. If they have that much confidence, I for one, am going to give JVC some time to put some good images out there. Maybe this will end up in my tookit (backpack actually) later??

kairosmatt
    I think most of us would love to have this camera -- if, in the final analysis, the sensor/processing provides a quality image. Unfortunately, the only footage we've seen from prototypes is lackluster to put it generously. Low light handling from samples is horrendous and the highlight clipping (a la AF100) is disconcerting. Let's hope the final product delivers. If so, and the DR is in the 11-13 range, I'm all in!