1. Collapse Details
    Help, My Phantom Power has Failed
    Exclamation
    I'm distressed because the microphone phantom power has suddenly failed on my Panasonic HPX250 camera.

Any external mic that requires phantom power doesn't work any more (My main shotgun mic is a Rode NTG1).

I tested the microphones elsewhere, and they all work. But plugged into my HPX250 the they don't work... no sound, nothing on the meters. I checked that all the 48v switches at the top front of the camera are in the upper On position. I plugged in an old Shure singer's microphone (which doesn't require phantom power) and it worked just fine.

I need to be outside shooting later today, but without phantom power the camera is useless. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas about what to do?

2. Collapse Details
    In a desperate effort to keep working productively, I ran out and bought a Zoom H5 audio recorder.
    zoom-h6-portable-recorder2.jpg

I then attached it to the top handle of the HPX250 using a metal spigot, like this one...
    linkstar-spigot-bh-b4m8m-14-38-male-54-mm-full-562606-1558-355.jpg

But it's a somewhat clunky solution to get around the failure of my HPX250's phantom power. After searching, I couldn't find examples of anyone else who has had the same problem. In a couple of weeks I'll have some planned downtime, and send my camera back to Panasonic for repair. I'll post back here when I find out what was wrong with it.

It's been a rather expensive day for me today.