Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Original HVX200 Advertisement
    Can anyone steer me to a link to where I can see the original HVX200 advertisement? It was the one with the camera hidden behind a veil. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

2. Collapse Details
    Anyone?

3. Collapse Details
    I dug through the back threads as far as I could go and couldn't find anything. I found references to it, but couldn't find it. I even found Rich Lee's thread where he made the fake video of unveiling what's under the sheet (but the video link was expired), but I didn't find the thread pointing to the ad itself. If it helps any, it looks like it probably arrived around Feb. 2005, for the HVX's introduction at NAB 2005...

4. Collapse Details
    I think I still have the original HVX promotional DVD. I doubt it has that ad in it, but it has been ages since I opened up the case or dropped one of the discs... I'll try to take a look tonight & see if I see anything.
    Where are all the S-VHS hipsters?

5. Collapse Details
    Still love the look of the HVX. That camera changed so many things.

6. Collapse Details
    Really? I really like the HVX until I put it next to an EX1 on a multicam event. Every time I cut to it I cringed a little bit. Now every time I pull up some old HVX footage I always am a little surprised at what we used to consider "Hi-Def."

Camera was great for it's time (I mean, seriously amazing for what it could do), but can't hold up to nearly any other camera in the market today.

7. Collapse Details
    It may not hold up in resolution or low light performance but with good lighting it certainly holds up in every other way. I've shot thousands of stock clips that are sold on various websites for as much as $400 for a 15 second clip, all shot by the lowly HVX. At that price, who knows where the clips end up.
    A feature film shot on the Sony FS7

www.Summerof67.com

8. Collapse Details
    We still have some old stock b-roll shot in 2008 / 2009 with a HVX that I'll use if I need to, but if I have something shot after that time with a newer camera I always choose those shots over the HVX footage.

---

If you shoot the Chicago skyline with a HVX, I'm going to think it looks good.

If you shoot the Chicago skyline with a EX1 or PX270, I'm going to think it looks a little bit better. But if I then go re-look at the shot from the HVX, I'm going to think it looks pretty bad by comparison.

If Cosimo Bullo really likes the "look" of the HVX, I'd think they'd like the "look" from the PX270, or AC160, or... any of the other cameras Panny has released in the last years that still have the Panasonic look but kill on resolution & low light &...

I think the HVX was a huge evolution for accessible professional video, but, IMHO, it was a great camera and no longer is.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm still making money on HVX stock shots.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thekreative View Post
    I'm still making money on HVX stock shots.
    And I'm guessing it is more because you're a good shooter & not because you shot it on a HVX. When I'm looking for stock footage, I look more for the content of the shot than what it was shot on. (E.g. I can look through 30 shots of the London skyline and really only consider using 3 to 5 of the offerings because they were shot better than the other 80-90%.)

I'm just saying if you shot the exact same stock footage with a newer camera (PX270, etc.) & put it next to the HVX shots, I'm pretty sure people will start choosing them over the HVX shots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast