Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Having seen this clip with the Defy G5 and FS700 I assume it would be totally fine with an FS7

https://vimeo.com/80026301
    ----------------------------------------------------------

2017 Reel

Website
    Instagram

2. Collapse Details
    As a quick update to this, I've bought a (barely) used Defy G5 kit and will test it over the weekend to see how it does with the FS7.

2017 Reel

Website
    Instagram

3. Collapse Details
    Hey Ben,

Have you had a chance to test the FS-7 on the Defy G5 yet? How were the results?

Cheers, jason

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Jason,

I'm afraid I have only just gotten around to sending my G5 to the US to be upgraded specifically for use with the FS7. Might be a while yet before I can use it in anger...

2017 Reel

Website
    Instagram

5. Collapse Details
    What is the weight of FS7? I have poor knowleage about such kind of 4k video camera in large size. But I cam make sure that MOZA Lite does not support it. I visit to their official spec site and found its supported sony camera is only a7S.

6. Collapse Details
    There are a couple of newly released items that would allow the Helix to be used with the Easyrig. However, it would require the Easyrig accessory from Flowcine, the 1-Axis Puppeteer. The Puppeteer with the Helix grip would be an option if that is the way you wanted to go. The 1-Axis Puppeteer is also compatible with the Ronin, it just needs a different grip.

http://www.16x9inc.com/shop/index.ph...-flowcine.html
    16x9 Inc.
    Distributor of Bebob, EasyRig, Flowcine, Movcam, Noga and Orca Bags

7. Collapse Details
    What's going to be the weight of the 7 when its ready to be mounted? I have a shoot tomorrow with a Ronin and my F55(Thank God I'm not the one that's gonna be flying it) and I've spent the better part of the evening trying to balance out a stripped down 55 on the extended Ronin. It's been a NIGHTMARE. You can't even tighten the handles down enough not to slip/rotate. And we're talking naked 55 and a Canon 16-35. That's it. I feel sorry for the poor b@$$tard that's gonna be flying it.

I've made my mind up, the young guys can have the handheld gimbals.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FrameFarmMedia View Post
    That is good to know. I keep meaning to strip the camera down and get an actual weight. I don't think I've taken the base plate off since I bought the camera.
    I need to do the same thing. I have one of those luggage hanging digital scales and my camera, tricked out with extension back with camera battery, Odyssey 7Q+, Zaxcom audio link, Nikon 25-70, hand grip and shape shoulder mount, comes to basically 20lbs. Down 4 pounds from my f800. Not much really but 4 lbs less and a smaller profile is not awful.
    Wish I could strip it down but if you are shooting ProRes, there's no choice. Guess I could strip it down and just record off the Odyssey but then I would need ancillary power, hence one of the reasons for the extension. That and TC in jamming.
    Basically that's why I got the S7a. For cramped and tight spaces. No ProRes though.
    I guess I could put the Odyssey with a battery on the seat for a car shot...options are few however.

9. Collapse Details
    I just spent a couple days flying my FS7 on a Letus Helix. Not too bad, I still don't think I have it perfectly tuned, though. It really needs a better way to interface with it, I know they have an iOS app coming out but you need to get your Helix upgraded with a WiFi module.

I'm liking the Helix, I think the design with all the LEMO power taps is great. I power my RedRock Micro wireless focus and the FS7 from the same battery that is powering the Helix. Rather than using their first-party batteries, I 3D printed an adapter plate that let me put a V-Mount plate right on the back of the Helix. I've got some PAG Link batteries that are a great counterbalance for the FS7. Unfortunately the FS7 is still a pretty long camera, so it requires some extra back weight in order to balance, which the PAG Link is great at providing. I still get a bit of wobble sometimes, which I feel like I've seen in a fair amount of Helix footage (which is a little disconcerting) but I've also had it be very stable under the right circumstances. After Skype chatting with Ken from Letus, he showed me some tips for tuning the PID settings and informed me that when you push toward the upper end of the weight capacity, you REALLY need to nail the balance. The motors can't fight imbalances like they can with a small camera.

I like the design of the Helix a lot more than the hanging style gimbals. I'm hoping I can really tune it in (and just get more experience with it) to make it more reliable.
    Josh Becker
    www.joshbecker.net
    Now with 100% more Facebook!

10. Collapse Details
    My Defy G5 is FINALLY with Defy who are going to fix/mod/uprate it for use with the FS7. It's taken an eternity but hopefully soon I will have it back and can finally test it. Had the bloody thing since January and haven't used it once yet!

2017 Reel

Website
    Instagram

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast