Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    Teaser is out. And by teaser they meant teaser. They don't show much. I think it's a mixed bag. Some things are great. Others, questionable. Overall though, at least it doesn't look like it was filmed on a green screen stage.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/l...eforceawakens/
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

2. Collapse Details
    People who were bagging on the Jurassic World trailer kept saying "Star Wars is going to be all real models." So much for that.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Yeah, but I feel like a 14 year old boy again, and I like that.
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    People who were bagging on the Jurassic World trailer kept saying "Star Wars is going to be all real models." So much for that.
    Never believed that for a second and I don't think anyone connected with the actual production said it. They only said it would rely on real locations and it looks promising in that regard so far. I heard they planned on filming in 35mm anamorphic but the footage doesn't look like it to me. The opening shot actually looked more digital. I love the shot of the guy in the woods. That looks more realistic and full of drama and atmosphere than anything in the prequels.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    Never believed that for a second and I don't think anyone connected with the actual production said it. They only said it would rely on real locations and it looks promising in that regard so far. I heard they planned on filming in 35mm anamorphic but the footage doesn't look like it to me. The opening shot actually looked more digital. I love the shot of the guy in the woods. That looks more realistic and full of drama and atmosphere than anything in the prequels.
    I never believed it, either. Me, I'm excited about JW -- not a whole lot to go on here yet. Seems to be a lot of atmospheric combat, which is something new. We'll see what longer trailers bring.

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmaster View Post
    Yeah, but I feel like a 14 year old boy again, and I like that.
    ^This!

I like it!

I'm more excited about this already than I got for any of the prequel trailers.

I want more.

7. Collapse Details
    I never believed it, either. Me, I'm excited about JW
    I'm in the I wish the CGI looked better camp regarding JW. I mean it's been 20 years and the improvement is miniscule. Looks kind of like a re-hash too. Not really sold to be honest. I liked the shark gag.

8. Collapse Details
    LOL. Rolling Stone got duped by the fake trailer. I guess journalism really is dead.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/v...ailer-20141128

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    I'm in the I wish the CGI looked better camp regarding JW. I mean it's been 20 years and the improvement is miniscule. Looks kind of like a re-hash too. Not really sold to be honest. I liked the shark gag.
    Apparently that was placeholder stuff made for the trailer, or at least some of it was, like the panaromic shots of the gate, etc. But I don't think it looked worse than some of the stuff in the SW trailer.

10. Collapse Details
    Apparently that was placeholder stuff made for the trailer, or at least some of it was, like the panaromic shots of the gate, etc. But I don't think it looked worse than some of the stuff in the SW trailer.
    The CGI in the Star Wars trailer didn't stick out to me. The JW CGI did but creatures have a higher standard of realism to live up to. To me they don't look any better than anything in the first JP.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast