1. Collapse Details
    (Panasonic 151) - "shooting flat" profile
    Hallo Everybody,

I'm going to shot with this camera (Panasonic 151) with maximum LOW contrast and with maximum wide dynamic range. Shortly, "shooting flat". I need an image recording profile with "flat" contrast in order to preserve highlights and shadows at the extreme ends of signal bandwidth.

Unfortunately, Panasonic 151 has not something a LOG encoding or a a Cinestyle camera profile. Reading the Manual, I found a pair of setting but I'm really not sure if them are what I need...:

In SYSTEM FREQ 59,9 Hz, you can choose DRS function (Scene file/DSR), that should increase the dynamic range. You can choose 1, 2, 3 but is really NOT clear what does it mean...

In GAMMA, (Scene file/GAMMA), you can also choose for a "gamma profile"... and in this case, I didn't understand if what I need is LOW or HIGH setting.

I didn't find any other way to shot with flat contrast, and with maximum wide dynamic range, as well.

Many anyone have experience about this recording techs? Any suggestions?

Many thanks for a reply!

2. Collapse Details
    Please help!

3. Collapse Details
    Use cine-D gamma. You may or may not want to use DRS, as it can make the shadows noisy. Drs 1 might be okay.

4. Collapse Details
    Great Barry,
    i'm going to test both (with DSR or without it).

THANKS!