1. Collapse Details
    How can I make a duplicate HD file (to share) while I record?
    I have a HMC150 and shoot HS sports events, usually at 720 60p. Usually it is about an hour of footage (pausing in between plays and for timeouts etc). When I get home after the game, I upload to hudl, make DVDs, etc. This works OK for home games (hudl upload finished overnight). However, for away games, the coach wants to review the game film during the bus ride home. I don't really want to loan him the SD card from the camera as I need it for upload, editing etc. Is it possible to make a copy "on the fly", some device the coach can plug into his laptop to view on the ride home? Is there some type of small external HD that I can plug into the HDMI output, then he views in HD on his laptop? Thanks, Jeff

2. Collapse Details
    Have the account (school) purchase an external hard drive (100GB is more than enough and are very cheap) and make sure the coach brings it to every game. After the game, drag and drop the files from the card onto the hard drive into a separate folder (11/18/14 Team 1 vs. Team 2) and teach the coach how to open the files in VLC Player (or something else). Works flawlessly and we do it for hundreds of high schools. You can also buy an external DVD recorder and shoot the game straight onto a DVD, but that's a bit more annoying.

3. Collapse Details
    After the game, drag and drop the files from the card onto the hard drive into a separate folder (11/18/14 Team 1 vs. Team 2) and teach the coach how to open the files in VLC Player (or something else).

NorBro, thanks for your reply. But, to do this, do I need a computer? Or, can I connect the external hard drive directly into the camera's USB port? I was hoping not to need to lug my laptop up to the top of the pressbox (in addition to my tripod, camera, etc).
    Jeff

4. Collapse Details
    Yea, I guess that's an important detail I left out! As far as I know, you would need a laptop with the HMC150. Most camera bags should have room for one.

If you really can't afford to give the coach the card without first having a backup for yourself, you can use an external recording device. But if you're going to spend money, you can easily just get more SD cards. There are other cameras out there that shoot to two SDHC cards at the same time or my HXP250 can connect straight to a USB drive, but I don't think the HMC150 can do either.

5. Collapse Details
    I was reading in Barry Green's book (The HMC150 Book, 2009, p194), on the subject of the camera's USB 2.0 terminal, that
    "It's also possible to offload memory card contents directly to a USB2 On-The-Go portable hard disc..."
    I like my HMC150 and was hoping not to have to buy a new camera just to have the dual SD card slots.