1. Collapse Details
    OT: Blackmagic releases free version of Fusion
    This is a phenomenal compositing app that used to be in the range of $5,000.00
    There are two versions, one free and the other for $995.00
    For the average user (i.e. most of us) the free version will be all that we'll ever need. A Windows version is available right now with a Mac version coming sometime soon.
    It uses nodes which takes some time to wrap your head around but once you do you'll love it.
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion for the details.
    Enjoy!!

Mike

2. Collapse Details

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

3. Collapse Details
    Question: Is it possible with this amazing sw create athe 2d to 3d photo effect like in AE?
    Thank you

4. Collapse Details
    Not sure what a "2d to 3d photo effect like in AE" is, but I'm pretty sure Fusion can do it. And then some, it has the same basic functionality of After Effects+Trapcode Particular+Element 3d built right in. But if you have to ask, you are going to find Fusion is pretty much unlearnable. There aren't a zillion YouTube videos with people showing tutorials on how to do something. There aren't books at your local book stores. Most of the practical Fusion info over the years has been on old-fashioned mailing lists, that aren't indexed by search engines. Now that it's must more available that will change but it will take awhile.
    Matt Sorrels

5. Collapse Details
    Matt thank you for taking time tto answer me; here what i meant for 2D to 3D photo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sepIHp0QkfY

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, Fusion can do camera mapping like that, better than stock AE. To do work like that in AE you really need something like Buena Depth Cue http://aescripts.com/buena-depth-cue/ which is actually pretty handy. Doing camera mapping without plugins in AE is actually kind of painful. Fusion's 3D is much better, though doing work like that can be very time extensive, since you have to roto every photo, then set up the camera mapping and animate the camera.
    Matt Sorrels

7. Collapse Details
    So is there any Vegas integration, or is this just a cool standalone Windows tool?

8. Collapse Details
    Someone would have to write a Vegas plugin and a Fusion plugin/script for integration. It could be done but there is zero money in it, so it's pretty unlikely. Fusion is very scriptable and has a C++ SDK (only in the paid version though and I suspect the SDK will be changing since it's all based on Microsoft's MFC class libraries which don't exist on the Mac).

I've seen an integration with Syntheyes that a Fusion user wrote, lets you send shots from Fusion to Syntheyes for 3d camera tracking. It's just some small scripts, I believe it should work even in the free Fusion. I suspect a similar system could be done for Premiere or Vegas.

Right now though I'm not spending much time looking at it, since I'm waiting for Blackmagic to tell us what is going to happen to existing Fusion subscriptions. Mine expires in Dec. Their support response has been "we are looking into it" which isn't exactly what I was hoping for. That and they took down all the web based documentation on Fusion but didn't put up (new and improved) replacements.
    Matt Sorrels

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelvium View Post
    Matt thank you for taking time tto answer me; here what i meant for 2D to 3D photo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sepIHp0QkfY
    Wow ... that effect is amazing. Brings photos to life.

10. Collapse Details
    Hope to find a tutorial to do that with Fusion..