Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
  1. Collapse Details
    ..but we might learn, if higher frame rates like FS700 4K RAW -> 2160p/50/60 ProRes or new ProRes flavors will arrive soon, very soon or very very soon.

2. Collapse Details
    If FS 4K RAW > 4K Pro Res 50/60P is coming soon, my order will be placed for a 7Q+ with 2 x 1TB drives immediately! Here's hoping!

3. Collapse Details
    Looks like some sort of high frame rate recording is due in May:
    https://www.convergent-design.com/co...ing-ahead.html

I'm personally more excited for custom LUT capability then anything else

4. Collapse Details
    Hope to see these in coming updates
    1.more color choice on IRE between blue and green
    2.can save custom IRE into preset for easier changing between diff camera/video profile use.
    3.include vectorscope feature if possible
    4.can plug keyboard into usb port for easier typing for those file name/note

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Strouty View Post
    I'm personally more excited for custom LUT capability then anything else
    Me too! I've been actually using the contrast setting at 90% as a sort of a LUT on the O7Q and that gives me a very good starting point for seeing how to light my subjects on set.
    BMPCC4K, Sony FS700 with O7Q+, Bolex 16mm, Canon 1014XL-S super8.

Visit my site: www.samisanpakkila.com

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah, LUTs would definitely help a lot!!!!

7. Collapse Details
    Hey guys, as this is an elderly thread (not even the last firmware update in December but instead the October one), perhaps we can move the discussion over to a new thread. I've placed the Forecast announcement at the start of this thread:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986524678
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    One of these days I'm going to ask the engineers to more clearly explain exactly how this happens. They do some work in one area, something like generating custom frame guides, and somehow it interacts weird with a bunch of code in a completely unrelated area and corrupts a file when recording. But it might only corrupt in some singularly obscure way, say when recording 60i over HDMI from a Canon DSLR. Won't effect SDI, won't effect non-Canon DSLRs, won't effect Canon cameras that aren't DSLRs but are still coming in over HDMI at the same frame rate. It's maddening I tell you!
    This can happen especially when things start to get more "full" when developing firmware for say FPGA's. When compiling, there's numerous ways to try make it all "fit" so the compiler will randomly try combinations of things until it succeeds. Yes, randomly. It's also typical to run several compilers simultaneously for this reason, and also 'bugs' can often be fixed just by compiling again without otherwise changing code. Can be frustrating I know, and requires diligence and methodical QA testing.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Abrams View Post
    This can happen especially when things start to get more "full" when developing firmware for say FPGA's. When compiling, there's numerous ways to try make it all "fit" so the compiler will randomly try combinations of things until it succeeds. Yes, randomly. It's also typical to run several compilers simultaneously for this reason, and also 'bugs' can often be fixed just by compiling again without otherwise changing code. Can be frustrating I know, and requires diligence and methodical QA testing.
    So, a computer program is subjected to chaos theory. Brilliant !

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Hey guys, as this is an elderly thread (not even the last firmware update in December but instead the October one), perhaps we can move the discussion over to a new thread. I've placed the Forecast announcement at the start of this thread:
    Mitch is right, let's move on to a new thread and bury this one.
    Last edited by S.Blanchardon; 03-10-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728