1. Collapse Details
    Shooting a time lapse
    I was wondering how I can properly shoot a time lapse shot on the FS700. I'm trying to capture a sunrise and sunset so I've had some issues with the ISO and shutter speed adjusting on their own.. I set up the camera to shoot at 1FPS and then hit record but when it gets darker the auto ISO/shutter don't work. Normally I don't shoot anything in auto but will make an exception for this since I don't want to keep coming back and adjusting the levels. Also, what lens do would you recommend for time lapses? I have a set of Rokinon T1.5 (24, 35, and 85mm) and using a Metabones adapter. I greatly appreciate the help! Cheers!

2. Collapse Details
    don't shoot in auto mode... for the sunset: expose it properly, to the middle or even a bit to the left. 1 fps is fine, you could even use ND's to get longer shutter speeds. let the sun go down and write down your settings. let the sun go up and use the same settings again. what lens you should use really depends on how you want it to look like. time lapse usually is a bit on the wider end, but can look gorgeous on 500mm lenses as well.

3. Collapse Details
    I love the FS700 but for time-lapse I always use the 5DmkII.

First of all it shoots RAW 22 mega pixels and you can set it up with an intervalometer to shoot 3 exposure HDR of every frame.

Yes this means a bit of post processing but for a time-lapse of a sunset/rise it is unbeatable. And you can move around on the image for really unique effects.

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, a DSLR is your best bet to capture a sunrise or sunset. Then you need to think about how you can adjust exposure that will be changing throughout the duration. I just received the Promote system for this. I have yet to use it, but I am convinced it is the best way to capture a sunrise or sunset. Check around the web. There are some good tutorials on time-lapse shooting.