1. Collapse Details
    Multicam and computer speed with ProRes problems
    Hello, I shot a live concert using 5 Black magic cameras in ProRes 422, Now I am finding some troubles to edit:

1) Computer speed. I am using Premiere CS6 in an Imac from 2009, FW 800. I thought ProRes422 would be easy to edit, but the computer is going slow, is there something I can do to make the proress material more edit friendly?

2) I synchronized the cameras using Plural Eyes, I have 5 separated video tracks in my time line. Can I sync the cameras by audio in order to use the Multicam feature in premiere? For what I see, I only can use time code or In and Out points,

Best regards

2. Collapse Details
    You've got 5 streams of prores, where is your media? External storage? Raid? What conectivity do you use? Firewire800?

Maybe the bottleneck is the drives, not the computer.

3. Collapse Details
    My media is in Lacie HD, I am using FW800.

I found more things:

I am using 3 BMCC 2.5K, but the ProRes 422 was shot at 1920x1080, I can edit those 3 streams with no problem. And I am using two BMC 4K, those two streams are causing the trouble, they go very slow. The sequence preset is "Digital DSLR 1080p 1920X1080",

should I choose a different preset?
    Last edited by maltess2; 10-20-2014 at 05:27 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    3 of my streams are 1920x1080 Prores 422 (HQ) and the other two are 4K Proress 422. what sequence preset should I use?

5. Collapse Details
    How fast does the Blackmagic Disk Speed test say your FW800 drive is running? Then check the data rate of the media you are using and multiply by the number of streams/tracks (or add them together). I'd bet you are way over. Render proxies and edit that.
    Matt Sorrels

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, I dis and that was re case. How do I render proxies? you mean I have to create proxy files from the original files?

7. Collapse Details
    Yes, you render lower resolution versions for the files, edit that and then at the end replace the proxies in the project with the real files for just the final output. It's how editing video has been done for thousands and thousands of years. Ok maybe not that long -- but pretty much forever. Only recently has full online editing become more possible (where you can actually edit the high-quality video). Google "using Premiere Pro with proxies". I'm pretty sure there are a ton of guides, YouTube videos, and help at Adobe on how to do it.
    Matt Sorrels