Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to stabilize many clips
    I have thousands of clips which needs stabilization. How can I do it?

2. Collapse Details
    Scripting.

If it were me I'd write a script for After Effects. But you can also build a script for something like AutoHotKey http://www.autohotkey.com/ (free windows scripting/macro playback engine) to automate the process you would do by hand. If you have a few dozen clips I'd say just do it by hand, but once you cross into the multi-thousand level a few days spent making a script can really pay off.
    Matt Sorrels

3. Collapse Details
    ProDAD Mercalli has batch processing

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by altarvic View Post
    ProDAD Mercalli has batch processing
    Thanks for tip. I have tried Mercalli but the batch processing is very limited. Batch uses only automatic settings and it crops too much with auto. It is very strange that you can not save any settings in Mercalli for easy of use. It also changes my GH4 videos color values ( levels 0-255 to 16-235) and ruins the shots by adding banding and reduces colorspace. I have reported these faults to Mercalli customer service. If they correct those I may buy it.

5. Collapse Details
    A few days ago ProDAD introduced Mercalli 4.0 (not released yet). Maybe in this new version they will fix it.

6. Collapse Details
    A few days ago ProDAD introduced Mercalli 4.0 (not released yet). Maybe in this new version they will fix it.
    That must be a very secret introduction. Nothing in web about it.

7. Collapse Details

8. Collapse Details
    From the website Mercalli looks like it only exports as a MP4. I can't imagine that is what anyone on DVXUser would want.

Just because I was curious, I went looking and there is already a batch processing script for After Effects (at aescripts.com). Looks like it would let you load all the footage into AE, then use it to apply an effect preset (like stablize) and then render out using your choice of render method. Didn't like how it requires you load all the footage, that kind of would make processing a ton of clips a problem. But the fact they were able to do it, means a script is possible.

Premiere can run scripts as well, but it's documentation is near zero. Not sure you could do the batch processing there. What I'd like to see is something like the aescripts.com script but with a directory (and checkbox for sub-dirs) and have it output the results in another directory with the same directory tree structure. Only loading one piece of footage at a time. I think it could be done. Perhaps something will come up one day and I'll just do it. Been enjoying playing around with AE scripting lately, it's much more handy than most people realize. Wish the documentation was better though.
    Matt Sorrels

9. Collapse Details
    @Vesku
    What NLE are you using?

10. Collapse Details
    @Vesku
    What NLE are you using?

I have used Sony Media Studio. I am getting soon Adobe CC. I dont edit very much. I like to stabilize and watch my many handheld clips without editing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast