Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    It kind of looks like the three comps aren't the same size. What are the comp settings on each of the comps you are trying to combine? If they aren't the same size you could get what I'm seeing in those images. In which case it isn't a camera problem but a scale problem, which you can fix by rescaling. Though you might have to make sure you check that silly gear on all your text layers (otherwise the text on a rescaled comp may be rendered at the wrong size and have jaggies).
    Matt Sorrels

2. Collapse Details
    Found the issue !!! Very stupid of me.
    The problem was that the 3 precomp had different sizes !!! I thought they were all the same but clearly when importing from my friend's PSD I didn't check it properly.
    Now in the final comp, I just scaled down the 2 wrong ones and got it all right
    THX again for the help !!!

3. Collapse Details
    Now If I check that box you mentioned then I get again the scale "problem". See here with it. It gets again zoomed out.
    THX
    ae10.jpgae9.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, it collapses transformations, so the scale you set in the main comp gets overridden by the sub-comps with it enabled. But it's the only way you can share a 3d scene with a camera in another comp, which is what I thought your problem was. It also can help by forcing vector layers (like text and Illustrator) to always recompute for the new comp's size/scale.
    Matt Sorrels

5. Collapse Details
    I generally render out each comp in situations like this, and assemble them in FCP (or whatever NLE).

That way, a change to one section doesn't mean re-rendering everything. Seems like a lot of people use after effects as a sort of NLE when that is one of its weak points (hard to playback things in real time, etc).

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I start to get it. Learning all the time.
    Will see with next scene, at least now I know to pay attention to the comp size ;)
    thx again

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carter View Post
    I generally render out each comp in situations like this, and assemble them in FCP (or whatever NLE).
    That way, a change to one section doesn't mean re-rendering everything. Seems like a lot of people use after effects as a sort of NLE when that is one of its weak points (hard to playback things in real time, etc).
    Yeah, was just afraid of double rendering (once in AE and then in the NLE). Wouldn't like to go via uncompressed frames.
    THX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12