Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    There is plenty of useful information on copyright here.

2. Collapse Details
    Man, always hand the client a compressed/proxy version of the footage... until everything is settled. Once you hand over the RAW, thats it! Unless you had a contract in place.
    And yes, without a contract... your only going to hurt yourself at this point. There is nothing to be gained.

3. Collapse Details
    I'm not so sure I watched the right video, cause the vid I saw was FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Man O Man!! That double image effect, state of the art. The strobe effect with out a drum roll is genius!! This has to be the best music vid on youtube!! Seriously, anytime a character goes from a serious scene to a group dance in an overexposed ally screams CORNY!

If I were you I would have paid them to remove my credit. Your better off not having half of a fake "VIRAL" video on your channel. What a D-bag that producer is. You got off cheap.

4. Collapse Details
    I don't think that is agreeing to do it for free. There is valuable consideration there by having it on your youtube channel, especially if it DID go viral, but it sounds like that won't happen. Either way, you exchanged terms for hard cash. Getting 50% Youtube distribution is the same as money. That said, hard to get blood from a stone, and sometimes cheaper and better for your career to to walk away.
    Actor, Writer, Director, Producer

Enter360 Media
    Actor Website
    Facebook
    Instagram

5. Collapse Details
    Dang. Looked like it was shot on an iPhone and that choppy editing was really hard to watch. Didn't make it to the end. Wow.
    Actor, Writer, Director, Producer

Enter360 Media
    Actor Website
    Facebook
    Instagram

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon Charron View Post
    That said, hard to get blood from a stone...
    It's easy to get blood from a stone. Just bang your head on it repeatedly, which is what pursuing this would be the equivalent of. Good luck.

7. Collapse Details
    He seems to be winning, at least Yahoo has kept the video down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_9ZndwNPX8

I figured the producer would just turn around and file the necessary counter-claim and Yahoo would put it back up. Which would force both parties into the court system, but the fact that hasn't happened is interesting.
    Matt Sorrels

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by msorrels View Post
    He seems to be winning, at least Yahoo has kept the video down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_9ZndwNPX8

I figured the producer would just turn around and file the necessary counter-claim and Yahoo would put it back up. Which would force both parties into the court system, but the fact that hasn't happened is interesting.
    That's not me winning; that's me removing a piece of content that is damaging to my reputation in the community I am part of (regardless of on screen credit) from being put on YouTube without permission. I am still out about $3000 and a bit of stress over the matter. But there's better/bigger fish to fry and I've learned a lot from the situation.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by timmilgram View Post
    I am still out about $3000 and a bit of stress over the matter. But there's better/bigger fish to fry and I've learned a lot from the situation.
    Waitaminute...how are you out $3000? Did you spend money on this? I must have missed that earlier in the thread.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrius Simutis View Post
    Waitaminute...how are you out $3000? Did you spend money on this? I must have missed that earlier in the thread.
    Because that's what the invoice says, at my rate, for the work I did. Which also happens to coincide pretty well with the total amount of gigs that came in but I had to say no to during the time-frame of this joke of a project.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast