1. Collapse Details
    Scammer alert: Report all personal messages from new users in the marketplace
    Feedback Score
    If any new user contacts anyone with an offer to sell via PM (personal message), please report that PM to the moderators using the report PM function.

Users who have registered here must be a member 60 days before they can sell in the Marketplace or by responding to a WTB Marketplace thread with an offer to sell using personal messaging.

Both Reduser and Dvxuser have seen an increase in new members using PM to contact potential buyers, and several scams have been reported.

Do not buy from any new user who circumvents that 60 restriction by contacting you via Personal Message unless you know that user, and report the PM to the moderators.

As one other web site has indicated:

PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY ILL ADVISED AND MAY GET YOU BURNED
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    Heads up. We've had a couple of issues recently with users private messaging folks who post int he marketplace. Telling you to go to a bogus website which will ask you to login. This is a phishing scam. They are attempting to get your login credentials. Be careful. Don't engage newbies via private message for marketplace transactions.

Double check the url of hte link someone is sending you.

Report any suspicious activity.

Thanks.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

3. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Damn I just fell for this twice. I realize now that both were guys who had just joined the same day they sent me this private message .
    The names were
    Jacob presley
    and
    redboy

The info I sent on the log in could compromise other websites I use. Should I immediately change those passwords ?- Oy what a pain in the ass.