Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
    Thanks @balazer - will study your Logarist workflow with interest

Piotr
    OK, so I tried your workflow on my slightly under-exposed Cine1 footage; delivering to 709 gets quite nice results. However, I tend to grade most of my FS7 S-log3/S-Gamut3.Cine footage for HDR (using either RCM or ACEScc). Do you think if I kept your Cine1->Logarist LUT, but replaced the Logarist->709 one with a proper 2020 output, I'd get a better HDR picture form my Cine1 A7Rii footage that could get close to the FS7 output? If so, did you create your Logarist output LUTs in the 2020/2084 version? TIA

Piotr

2. Collapse Details
    Hi, Piotr. At the moment I don't have any Logarist output transform for ST 2084 with BT.2020 gamut. I will try to build one and get back to you. I can also make an ACEScc transform. In theory, yes, with the right color space transformation it could be close to FS7 output.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jacob! Please let me know when you have created such output LUTs, or ACEcc transforms (with the latter, I guess input ACEScc transforms would be necessary as well, because we would then work with Resolve's ACEScc and not YRGB color science), am I right? TIA

Piotr

4. Collapse Details
    Anybody try manual knee settings with Cine4 to get a nice soft roll-off, yet still preserving 100+ zebras?

5. Collapse Details
    Being relatively new to Mirrorless A7III settings, having worked most of my life working with cameras based on a SMPTE based Matrix I though I would hunt around for a heads up on the A7III. Rather than digging around into the camera and spending hours running my own tests I though I would try and get a leap in on where to start with any settings adjustments. I discovered this video on the Tube and it gave me better than a head start. I though I would try his suggestions and after a couple of days trials I basically have to concur with his findings. 90% of my A7III work is based on HLG3 2020 if I'm grading the material myself and HLG3 with 709, also requiring some curves grading but the color is not as flat as the 2020, if I'm handing off the images. So far I'm finding these by far the quietest gammas plus they allow you to use lower ISO settings than SLOG2's 800. Finding these two settings with minor changes here and there suitable for most jobs and so far so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iqEDUe1qg

Another one of his videos regarding the internal 420 vs 422 external recording I found to be pretty accurate re the A7III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4586b8iR2Y&t=488s

Chris Young
    Last edited by cyvideo; 05-09-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910