1. Collapse Details
    Continuous capture of multipole clips as one clip during capture (DVX100A)
    Hi all - On my old DVX100 I'm able to record multiple clips (in this case sports highlights from a football game, pausing in between the action during huddles) and then, after capture using Sony Vegas Pro 10, it shows up as one large clip. I like this because I can easily scroll through the footage on the timeline without stopping to delete each clip I don't want to use.

I'm trying to do the same with my DVX100A (using squeeze mode for the local TV station requesting 16x9 footage) but I can't seem to figure it out. I've gone through the recording set-up and matched the settings to the older camera, but it still makes each pause-&-restart a new clip after capturing to Vegas.

I'm sure I'm just missing something or not understanding something technically here. My thanks in advance if you can help me. I tried a couple searches on the topic but failed to come up with a proper result (probably due to a lack of terminology knowledge on my part)

Thank you,
    Jason H

2. Collapse Details
    Dont know much about Vegas, but in PPro you have to select a check box to detect timecode jumps. My guess that the tape drive in the 100A writes timecode differently than the 100, maybe there is a setting in Vegas to compensate for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    one is french and its different for that reason.

3. Collapse Details
    In capture video>preferences>capture: uncheck "enable scene detection" or whatever your version says. That should let Vegas capture a continuous file.
    Hope this helps.
    Ken

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks so much guys! I will try these options out.