Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Collapse Details
    Brilliant. Ordering the Science of Awesome and the special effects one as well!
    Happy is the man who finds his passion.

2. Collapse Details
    Just wanted to mentiont that I've seen so many of these exact setups presented in the DVDs on movies and TV shows. Just last night, I was watching RoboCop for the first time (yeah, I'm 20 years late to the party). For those familiar to the movie, check out the bathroom scene where the two higher-ups of the tech company have an argument. All the blocking is literally straight outta Volume 1! The camera is basically locked off, and you have the characters changing positions... from over the shoulder to reverse over the shoulder.

Per Holmes is the man, straight up.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nkwhoa View Post
    Just wanted to mentiont that I've seen so many of these exact setups presented in the DVDs on movies and TV shows. Just last night, I was watching RoboCop for the first time (yeah, I'm 20 years late to the party). For those familiar to the movie, check out the bathroom scene where the two higher-ups of the tech company have an argument. All the blocking is literally straight outta Volume 1! The camera is basically locked off, and you have the characters changing positions... from over the shoulder to reverse over the shoulder.

Per Holmes is the man, straight up.
    its amazing how old this thread is but have to add again that this package is really amazing & comprehensive.

david

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by david_p View Post
    its amazing how old this thread is but have to add again that this package is really amazing & comprehensive.

david
    What is really sad but true, is in other threads you have people without any of this most basic of all production knowledge who think if they just buy the newest gear that somehow magically their project will transform into a hollywood feature and they will be perfect DPs. After almost thirty years in the business when I managed to get a hold of this set it reafirmed all of the things I had picked up on many sets except for the helicopter stuff. Glad that was the seventh and last disc in the series as I had already decided to hang up my DP hat and move into the director's seat on my next three projects.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314