1. Collapse Details
    Zeiss 10-100mm F1.8, T2, 2x Mutar, Case - Full BM Cinema, Pocket, GH4 Coverage!
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For a summary of everything below this, here's the most pertinent info:

- It's a Zeiss 16mm cinema lens that sold for around $20,000 back in the day.

- Can be used on the GH4, Blackmagic Pocket or Cinema Cameras when combined with the included Zeiss 2x doubler which was made specifically for this lens.

- Can also be combined with the Olympus 1.4x Teleconverter to cover those cameras.

- 14-140mm T2.8 with the 1.4x (about a 35-350mm full frame equivalent on the GH4 in UHD).

- 20-200 T4 with the doubler (50-500mm full frame equivalent on the GH4 in UHD).

- Has a macro mode at the widest angle that enables focusing right up to the front of the lens

- No optical issues that would actually effect the image

- Great mechanical and cosmetic shape, as well as being one of the later models made in the 1990s

- Has it's original ARRI case and a $1,000 Chrosziel Fluid Zoom Dampener, which is adjustable and really helps in smoothly zooming (works like a fluid head for the zoom ring)

- Also comes with the best ARRI bayonet to PL mount adapter ever created, because it was made by ARRI themselves

-----

So, I had heard that the Zeiss 10-100mm combined with the Zeiss 2x made for the lens had full Blackmagic Cinema coverage with edge to edge sharpness - and it does! (see here: http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=50835). Most 2x adapters are not designed for a larger image circle but this one is, which is crazy.

On my DSC Labs 4K resolution chart, the lens with the 2x is resolving at least 4K worth of resolution to the edges of the frame.

The image circle with the 2x will cover at most the 19.8mm diagonal of the HD GH3 and GH4, although there will be some vignetting, especially at the long end, and if you stop down past T2.8 (which is T5.6 doubled.) For the Blackmagic Cinema Camera there is perfect coverage with just a hint of vignetting (the same you'd see on a stills lens) at the long end, and if you stop down past T5.6 (T11 doubled.) Same for the GH4 in Cinema 4K. For the GH4 in UHD, you can go to at least T11 (T22 doubled), but I wouldn't go past T5.6 (T11) as diffraction starts removing resolution. You can stop down as far as you want on the Pocket and still have full coverage.

Something interesting to point out is that normally the Zeiss 10-100mm (and 11-110mm) is not rated to focus closer than 5ft (although it does have a macro mode at the 10mm setting for focusing right up to the front of the lens.) You can focus closer than 5ft, but you have to do so at the long end of the zoom. The reason for this is that the image circle gets very small (it goes down to 11.4mm at the short end of the zoom, which is a lot smaller than the 12.7mm image circle of regular 16mm film.) However, with the 2x, you can now use all of that range, focusing as close as about 20 inches.

The lens is fully kitted out. Here's what you get:

- Zeiss 10-100mm F1.8 T2 in Arri Bayonet
    - Zeiss 2x Mutar, Arri Bayonet to Arri Bayonet
    - Chrosziel Fluid Zoom Dampener made for the 10-100 (works like a fluid head, producing variable friction to really smooth out hand zooms. They work fantastically and are over $1,000 new.)
    - Really nice custom foamed hard case for the lens - it's in better shape and more secure than it appears in the picture. (You will need to cut out a portion for the 2x, but I'll leave that up to you on how you want to lay it out.)

This Zeiss 10-100mm was made sometime in the early 1990s, as the lens states "Made in Germany" instead of "Made in West Germany" which is how Zeiss Oberkochen labeled their lenses before the reunification of Germany.

Condition-wise, everything is in fantastic shape mechanically and cosmetically. Since this lens came out well after the 11-110 came out, it probably didn't see much use.

Optically, the 10-100 looks fantastic with no scratches, haze, or fungus. There is a bit of separation at the edges of the element behind the front element (the bubbles and specs in the picture below) - however, I contacted the lens technician I use (Bernie O'Doherty from Super 16 Inc in New York) and he said that it shouldn't impact the final image. On the meticulous tests that I did, including flaring the lens into the sun, I didn't see anything at all. The 2x Mutar might have a few light cleaning marks at the extreme edges of the rear element, but it is nothing that would effect the final image.

I'm pricing this at $1700, but feel free to make an offer. I'm already regretting selling this, but I need to fund something else.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks!

Last edited by Joshua Cadmium; 10-31-2015 at 05:53 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm also taking offers!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Joshua Cadmium; 03-15-2015 at 07:45 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Man if i had the money..... I;d buy it right now...

Trade perhaps? looking for anything in particular?
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

4. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does the base 10-100mm lens cover S16mm or just regular 16mm?

5. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The base 10-100mm lens covers regular 16mm.

6. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's some additional info about using this lens with the new Olympus 1.4x Teleconverter to increase the coverage to about 17.78mm at the cost of only one stop of light: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?331961

7. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With the lens, I'm now including the best ARRI bayonet to PL mount adapter ever created, which is because it was made by ARRI themselves. It has a quick lock mechanism, which means you can easily and quickly use the lens and the doubler in PL because you can adapt the rears of either.

When ARRI originally sold the adapter, they were around $1,500.

Here's some more info (note that mine is a version that doesn't have the tab for ARRI Standard Mount): https://web.archive.org/web/20120309...t_adapter.html

8. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now $1,900! Feel free to make an offer as well.

9. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $1,800! Feel free to make an offer as well.

10. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $1,700! Feel free to make an offer as well.