Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Most inspiring FS100 footage?
    Hey people,

I've been looking for some FS100 footage that can wow me enough to maybe purchase this amazing little camera. Unfortunately none of the FS100 YouTube music videos or demos have impressed me enough, in fact, have disappointed me with the lack of vibrant colors and yellowish / greenish tint present in all of these videos. It sort of reminds me of the old Z1 look, not what I was expecting. Could this be because the FS100's Picture Profile settings are really complicated to master and most camera operators just won't take the time to explore this in depth?
    Ironically, the first video I saw on the FS100 was the one that got me interested in buying it, and so far the nicest FS100 footage I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBdqeYYO_Ic

not sure what settings Philip Bloom was using but he claims this is "ungraded, straight out of the camera"

thanks in advance

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    I tagged some of my FS100 posts .. http://www.sammorganmoore.com/fs100/

4. Collapse Details
    Those are some great looking videos. Just wondering, with "Happy Never After", why are the blacks not 100% black? They seem dark opaque, but not completely black. This is something I've also seen in other FS100 videos, wondering if it's a popular effect or does it have to do with the limitations of the camera?

5. Collapse Details
    HNA was not graded by me and was shot using a 'flat' profile not chosen by me. Flat profiles often raise the blacks - its easy to put them back to black in the grade.

The cam is nice if you get it for the right price, personally today Id go for a C100 or FS700, but for cheap you cant go wrong

S

6. Collapse Details
    C100 would be nice but it's over my budget, and I like the 1080p slow motion in the FS100. Maybe when it comes down to the $1500 price range on ebay...
    The FS100 kind of reminds me of the Steadicam Merlin in that some talented users get brilliant results with it, while many others get awful footage out of it. I guess it comes down to how well you learn to tweak your Picture Profile settings. These guys seem to have nailed it beautifully:

if anyone knows what type of picture profile could deliver these colors ( particularly the well lit scenes ) let me know.

7. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar

frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

8. Collapse Details
    Philip Bloom's Portrait of a Boxer is pretty damn nice:
    https://vimeo.com/39453069
    Sony NEX-FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8GM, SEL 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4, FE 28-70 | Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Mojave
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Mojave

9. Collapse Details
    Some great clips there Frank! Very filmic, and to my eyes, a bit reminiscent of the EX3 films I've seen, with a slight greenish bias but with richer tones.

10. Collapse Details
    I am seeing these "greenish / yellowish bias" in a lot of the FS100 films. I think it works sometimes ( as in the "Stunde Null 1945" example posted earlier ) but not all the time. I don't think it worked for me in the Boxer film as that looks very artificial and graded... I mean... greenish skin tones? c'mon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast