1. Collapse Details
    Edius 6.0 vs. FilmConvert
    Will it be worth my while to purchase FilmConvert standalone in addition to Edius 6.0?

2. Collapse Details
    It depends what you want to encode to , I uses Edius 6.01 for 99 % of my work , and the rest I uses Adobe cs6 media encoder some times the persets out put works better in Adobe for somthings.

3. Collapse Details
    Personally, i think filmconvert is rather bad. Maybe i read it wrong and had a different idea about it, but it certainly wasnt what i thought it would be.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
    Will it be worth my while to purchase FilmConvert standalone in addition to Edius 6.0?
    Depends on how you handle your footage. Some (most) people edit, render to Resolve and then grade with Resolve for their finished product.
    I tend to do it the other way. I color correct all the scenes I need in AE. Personally, I'm used to AE and I can do a lot in it, so I prefer to batch-correct my footage, render "as finished" and edit with that finished look. Then, from Media Comoser, I render the final video edit, ready to be compressed for either web, bluray or DVD.
    I do it that way because I have the ability to do color correction, VFX when needed, aspect ratio correction. The Standalone version of Film Convert won't allow you much more than just adding the plugin to your footage, I guess.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.