Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveronn View Post
    So I see that Panasonic has released another upgrade from 1.50 to 1.60 and this only adds "Support for the HDMI output in “Recording mode” when 720P mode is selected. "
    Thanks for that. I must have missed the announcement from Panasonic... (my login is my email address and my camera is registered so I assumed they sent out an email to all registered users 25 days ago? )

I note there are separate upgrades announced for the AC90 and the AC90A.
    The AC90 updates has both the 1.5 and 1.6 showing. I thought that an AC90 + firmware V1.5 == AC90A? As I have an AC90 with FW V 1.5 can I use the AC90A 1.6 FW update? It's as clear as mud on the Panny web sites.

At the time it seemed odd that the AC90 went to an A version just for a FW update.

Also I assume that there will be other minor fixes and adjustments in this update than just the HDMI in 720p. Why is manasonic update information so sparse?

2. Collapse Details
    I applied the update to my AC90, with the 1.5 firmware...and its now showing 1.60...will advise if anything unexpected happens....
    Michael
    Event, Sport & Personal Video espvideo.ca

3. Collapse Details
    for those who did not get the update email from Panasonic (so that's all of us then? :-) the current link is here

http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-.../upgac90_e.htm

As the AC90A update page only shows the 1.6 update but the AC90 Page shows both the 1.5 and 1.6 I would suggest (entirely at your own risk) anyone with an AC90 on a FW lower than 1.5 should go 1.5 -> 1.6 and not directly to 1.6

In the past, in this thread, people have reported going from 1.0/1/2/3 directly to 1.5 safely.

4. Collapse Details
    Just saw today that there was a V1.80 released in February. According to the release notes:

Ver 1.80-00-0.00

Improvement of Audio setting
    Audio gain level on INPUT2 could also be affected by INPUT1 setting (MENU: MIC GAIN1).

The update file include the former contens.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dee123 View Post
    LCD and VF, still not simultaneous.. i don't get it, what is the reason?? few minutes less battery life? with a 'normal' flip out screen it may be doable, but with ac90's slide out system it is IMPOSSIBLE to change your view without moving the camera severely. and looking like an idiot to whoever you are filming. filming outside and a ray of sun comes out? you're lost.
    i guess my ac90 will stay largely unused.
    Do you still have the ac90?

6. Collapse Details
    It seems that both Panasonic and IDX have discontinued their AC90 Batteries. IDX appear to have two larger capacity batteries inthe series the SL-VBD65 and SLVBD90 BUT these two are wider than the SL-VBD50 and DO NOT FIT THE AC90!!!
    They are a couple of mm too wide :-( Not impress with that but don't know if the blame lies with Panasonic or IDX

I understand that as of July 2019 IDX have some remaining stock of the SL-VBD50's (in the USA B&H are apparently saying they have stock) but it appears when they are gone they are gone.
    This means the AC90's have a working life of 3-6 more years depending on how your batteries hold up.

I have posted a V-lock solution for the AC90. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?365026-Sorted-V-lock-battery-system-for-AC90
    In sorting it out I found that my lights, field recorder and field monitors can also run form DTAP power (as supplied by V-lock batteries) so I am a happy bunny.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345