Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mine was on version 1 and I updated directly to 1.5, all went well.
    All features work as advertised
    The camera is PAL.

Al

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchroma View Post
    Mine was on version 1 and I updated directly to 1.5, all went well.
    All features work as advertised
    The camera is PAL.

Al
    Your camera now makes the coffee like the rest?
    You did find that option?
    it is next to the one that lets you have the LCD and EVF on at the same time....
    :-)

Just as a thought... as we have all (?) registered our cameras on PASS etc WTF didn't we all get a notification of the update? It is not as though they do them every week.
    Last edited by jamedia.uk; 06-23-2014 at 08:36 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    I just uptaded from 1.0 -> 1.5 so far all works great except eye-fi card because I dont have one to test it.

4. Collapse Details
    I also went straight from 1 to 1.5 without any issues. I do have an Eye-Fi card for shooting stills with my Canon dSLRs but it would be of very limited use with the AC90 unless sending very small files.

Pete

5. Collapse Details
    As this is a major update and highlights that there is one universal update that does both PAL and NTSC is it worth having this thread a s a sticky? Especially as Panasonic don't seem to have bothered telling the users... it may be months or more before some people discover there is an upgrade.
    Last edited by jamedia.uk; 06-29-2014 at 08:18 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    so I notice the ac90 has been discontinued on B&H- the AC90A is back up to $2k. Not sure why the price has been raised (was $1750) if the upgrade was free. It's the same camera as an older AC90 with the new firmware. An extra $250 for a new model number sticker with an "A" added?

Don't get me wrong- kudos to Panasonic for releasing the firmware for free for current owners. It's very unlike them. But you know all those unsold AC90s are going back to the factory for the firmware and re-badging. $2k is a fair price, but $1750 would make it a no-brainier IMO. I'd pick one up at the previous price, but it'll be a year before it gets back down to normal.
    Last edited by Ed Kishel; 06-29-2014 at 06:08 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jagraphics View Post
    Just as a thought... as we have all (?) registered our cameras on PASS etc WTF didn't we all get a notification of the update? It is not as though they do them every week.
    I never understood what happened to PASS? I lost access to it, and have never be alerted to any firmware upgrade. Was there some server migration that broke the logins?

Also, is there a new manual that discusses how to use the new firmware features?

Thank you.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesgeek View Post
    I never understood what happened to PASS? I lost access to it, and have never be alerted to any firmware upgrade. Was there some server migration that broke the logins?

Also, is there a new manual that discusses how to use the new firmware features?

Thank you.
    No idea re login but I never get any notifications from PASS. It seems poorly maintained (and badly organised) and not a lot on it.

Yes there are new manuals for the AC90A. They are in the same place as the update.There were links to them at the start of the thread.

9. Collapse Details
    Yep, prices went up across the board. Kind of lame on Panasonic's part, but they know what they are doing. I was considering picking up a second one but not at $2K. Prices should come back down this fall/winter.

10. Collapse Details

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast