Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone know if the link Barry has posted is also valid for PAL AC90's? I can't see a similar announcement at present on the Panasonic UK site.

Also, is it necessary to instal the previous firmware update before this one? I'm guessing not and I didn't instal it as it had nothing of great importance for me. My Canon firmware updates are cumulative and it doesn't matter if you miss a previous one, hopefully Panny is the same.

Thanks.

Pete

EDIT: found it on the Panasonic UK site. Same reference number as in the link. Updated successfully from the UK download
    Last edited by Ashton Lamont; 06-19-2014 at 04:13 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    With my 130's I really didn't like the EVF ..just too tiny! so I put a Hoodman loupe on the LCD and hey presto..you have a DECENT EVF to use...I used the Hoodman kit that is made for the Sony EX1 and has the normal size 3X loupe, an extension box for the wider LCD screen and a Velcro strap to fasten it to the LCD ... works very well !!

3. Collapse Details
    An awesome new cam would be an fz1000 sized sensor and zoom lens on this body.
    where is panasonic these days :-/

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by True North View Post
    The one thing that would have been great is if there was an option where pre-roll could have been left on as opposed to having to turn it on before each file that you wanted to use it on
    That was addressed in the firmware ver 1.1 update I believe (http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-...0/1311ac90.htm)...and then adjusted in 1.3 http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-...0/1404ac90.htm
    Michael
    Event, Sport & Personal Video espvideo.ca

5. Collapse Details
    I think I'm sold.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton Lamont View Post
    Anyone know if the link Barry has posted is also valid for PAL AC90's? I can't see a similar announcement at present on the Panasonic UK site.
    Also, is it necessary to instal the previous firmware update before this one? I'm guessing not and I didn't instal it as it had nothing of great importance for me. My Canon firmware updates are cumulative and it doesn't matter if you miss a previous one, hopefully Panny is the same.
    Thanks.
    Pete
    EDIT: found it on the Panasonic UK site. Same reference number as in the link. Updated successfully from the UK download
    SO there is only ONE update for all AG-AC90 cameras? no separate NTSC or PAL versions?
    (I am paranoid and don't want to end up with a dead camera)

Re the LCD-EVF that is switched by a real hardware switch. Depending on how it is switched it might only be posible to modify it in hardware. I have an idea for sorting the problem but it would mean dismantling the top of the camera and fixing an auxiliary switch on the outside.... probably more trouble than it is worth for most people and of course kills any warranty.

7. Collapse Details
    Here is the Panasonic UK page which leads to the updates page:

http://business.panasonic.co.uk/prof...-and-downloads

Click on "Free Software Download" where is says HERE (not on where it says VIEW) then on the 17th June update.

Like you I didn't want to brick my AC90 by trying to use an NTSC file. The refs are the same but just in case!

You don't need to be signed into PASS - but you do need to find your mains adapter for the update :- )

I use a Hoodman HD350 hood on the AC90 LCD in very bright sun. It fits perfectly using velcro on the hood only. You cannot easily then use the touchscreen but it is a lot better than trying to use the little VF.

Pete

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks Ashton

It only needs one mistake to turn a highly advanced and capable piece of electronics into a door stop these days.

I note one set of firmware but two sets of manuals without expelling which is which... I had to dig out the old (printed) ones to discover the UK (PAL) versions are the
    AG-AC90P-PJ-_PX versions.

9. Collapse Details
    do i need to update to 1.1 then to 1.3 and finally to 1.5? or can I go straight to 1.5 ???

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ankawa View Post
    do i need to update to 1.1 then to 1.3 and finally to 1.5? or can I go straight to 1.5 ???
    Knowing how these things work I would think you could go straight from 1.0 to 1.5 BUT THIS ADVICE IS WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.....

As I went 1.0->1.1 ->1.3 ->1.5 (missing out 1.2 & 1.4?) I will not be risking my camera trying it.
    I recommend that you call Panasonic to get confirmation and post the response here.
    Last edited by jamedia.uk; 06-23-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast