1. Collapse Details
    New Aluminum Base-Plate for AC130 / AC160 / HPX250 Cameras
    Cool
    ...I finally sold my HMC150 camera last week ( before it lost it's resale value ), and plan on buying a new camera by the end of June. The one modification that I had made to the HMC150 was to add a solid aluminum base-plate to correct the problem with the off-center tripod mount, and to provide additional mounting holes.

While I'm still deciding which camera I want to get next ( it's either an AC160A or the new PX270 ), I checked with the company that made the aluminum base-plate mod for my HMC150 to see what they make for the newer Panasonic cameras, as I really liked this camera mod and it was pretty easy to install. ( less than 10 minutes )

Currently they have plates for the AC130A, AC160A, and HPX250 cameras. I contacted the owner who is definitely willing to make a base-plate for the PX270, but he needs a camera to take measurements to make the plate...

Here's the link if you're curious about making this mod to your camera: JuiceDesigns.com : HPX250 / AC160 / AC130 Base Plate : $125

Juice_Designs_HPX250_AC160_AC130_BasePlate.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    I just now saw this post, thanks for posting about it! I do have these still and they are anodized black. I am always interested in making base plates for newer cameras if I can get my hands on the camera to measure.
    Curtis Guise, JuiceDesigns.com

3. Collapse Details
    If anyone is still using these cameras I have about a dozen base plates sitting on the shelf. I marked them to about half the price to move them because I haven't been making any new base plates for any cameras awhile. The link above in TheDingo's post still works.
    Curtis Guise, JuiceDesigns.com