1. Collapse Details
    Nothing on Transvideo's Starlite HD OLED 5 inch 3G-SDI monitor/size of an iphone....?
    I am really shocked I haven't seen someone post at least one video or even some pictures on the Transvideo iphone sized OLED Starlite HD monitor.

Now NAB is over... Did no one stop by the Transvideo booth?

2. Collapse Details
    i was wondering the same thing

3. Collapse Details
    What's the the res of the screen?

4. Collapse Details
    JLA
    Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    What's the the res of the screen?
    The resolution of the StarliteHD is 1280*720.

For more information, go to http://www.transvideo.eu/StarliteHD.

5. Collapse Details
    Supposed to ship in May. I didn't realize it was a h.264 recorder too, and has waveform. Purty cool.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    I have one on loan this weekend.
    First impressions is it's a fantastic little gadget - smart and intuitive for the most part.

In addition to video it can take stills. The waveform is full screen while the histogram is overlay.

Tapping in and around the middle zooms in to an already sharp (and bright) image.

'Hot corners' are used generated, allowing you access to the metadata screen (sony & alexa) which can generate pdf reports, histogram, and screen capture.

Tapping the middle bottom of the screen brings you the video record and playback functions. I was able to record and playback on the monitor, but couldn't get it to play on my mac. Not sure why. So I'm still not sure hat the quality of the HD recording is, but it clearly mentions 'dailies' quality.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

8. Collapse Details
    Could you post a pic of it on a rig or in your hand? What about color/brightness/contrast accuracy?

9. Collapse Details
    I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. Had it out on a small shoot.

On this build (13 I think) there are no settings for brightness / colour / contrast. This monitor looks pretty saturated, yet the big plus was how BRIGHT it looked in daylight conditions. For something that small and slim it was a bit hard to believe. Transvideo claims an EBU compliant color gamut, not sure about that one ... (not being cheeky, don't know!)

In the menu right now, you can flip and flop the display, (though your wfm and histogram won't flip with it), there's a nifty onscreen level you can toggle on and off and calibrate, an upgrade (from SD card) button, and not much else.

I should say - the touch screen response is fast and no hassle. The wfm will pop in and out in a flash in case you need to check for peace of mind, same with the 'magnify' feature. On this build the wfm is full screen only and histogram is overlay only.

The negatives I can think of -
    It takes a while to boot up (10 seconds )
    Considerable lag with image. Maybe it can be minimized through firmware upgrade?
    No hdmi? Now, while I am not a fan, it's on most dLR and mirrorless cameras these days, and that's a whole market that could use this type of nimble monitor would be shut out.Would it have been that much bigger?
    No peaking? While the image is pretty sharp, and the tap focus is lightning fast, it would be nice to have peaking

What I DO like about it is it feels like a modern day light meter you can pocket - the WFM and Histo are excellent in detail and quality, and you could record your own select 'dailies' and stills. I could see that as being very useful on set.

Ok, pics tomorrow :-)

10. Collapse Details
    starlitehd.jpg

tomorrow turned out to be more than a week!
    Had it out on a shoot with an Alexa - here's the size compared to iphone.
    No difference in lag between starlite and TVlogic 5.6".
    So my mistake, unless sony was causing the lag.