Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    You should be able to test waters with Resolve 10. Resolve 11 merely expands on what is already there. Resolve 10 is a competent NLE already.
    Also, Resolve Lite is free. And contrary to its name it has practically all features of the full version (no NR and limited to 1 GPU, which is more than enough for 2K).

2. Collapse Details
    Agree with all the comments about "tracks". I have plunged into FCPX reluctantly and have paid (dearly) for myself and my other editors to learn it (on the job). I still find it slow though and not as easy to keep a clean and organized timeline.

I look forward to what resolve 11 can offer with much hope of keeping as much as possible in one program without porting in and out.

3. Collapse Details
    does anyone know if resolve 11 will handle multicam? Havent seen anything about that..

4. Collapse Details
    Version 13?
    Dennis Hingsberg

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by planetearth View Post
    Agree with all the comments about "tracks". I have plunged into FCPX reluctantly and have paid (dearly) for myself and my other editors to learn it (on the job). I still find it slow though and not as easy to keep a clean and organized timeline.

I look forward to what resolve 11 can offer with much hope of keeping as much as possible in one program without porting in and out.
    One thing I do in FCPX is lay down a black slug in the "timeline" and then edit above that…..
    That way you just have smaller segments that will become "story lines".
    But yeah, when I have to crack open an FCP7 job it makes me miss having tracks.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by freshTEA View Post
    does anyone know if resolve 11 will handle multicam? Havent seen anything about that..
    I've asked this elsewhere. Still wondering ...

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I've asked this elsewhere. Still wondering ...
    No one knows for sure yet, but multicam is a huge feature and I can't imagine BM wouldn't mention it if Resolve 11 could do it.
    Looking For Lenny - feature doc about comedian Lenny Bruce's timeless impact on stand-up comedy and Free Speech.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon
    Cable VOD & streaming info

8. Collapse Details
    Resolve 11 public beta is now available from the Blackmagic Design website.
    Last edited by Andrew Stone; 06-24-2014 at 09:49 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    An all in one package has to sound very enticing to mac users trying to get away fcpx.

10. Collapse Details
    Installed it today on Windows 7. Didn't loose the Still Frames that contains node trees of your favorite grades. Lots of improvements in the Edit Timeline... tons. The move towards consolidation that began in version 10 continues while adding more features. No crashes. JLK movements aren't as slick as they should be but it is way more usuable. The deliver area has been streamlined a bit and then you are given 3 user modes -- basic, intermediate and advanced. If you are somewhat familiar with Resolve you willl use advanced. So far it feels solid underfoot but I didn't have a lot of time to pound it with production work today. A quantum leap from version 10 in terms of usability.

Make sure you update your CUDA drivers to version 6 and update BM Desktop Video to a version above 9.3. I have heard moaning about problems with Desktop Video above 10.x but they may have resolved those problems in the past couple of months.

No ProRes in Windows, yet.

Addendum:

There is a new config guide for Windows that is signficantly updated. PC users must grab it as it gives new specs for building Resolve machines. Useful and interesting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast